IndiaDivine.org

Animal rights mob barking up wrong tree (HLS connection)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Animal rights mob barking up wrong tree (not!) Martin Waller: City Diary The Huntingdon Life Sciences animal rights mob are back in town. There was a decent-sized demo outside AXA’s Aldgate offices yesterday. It was, of course, the wrong offices, because they are objecting to the shareholding activities of the investment management side, which is elsewhere. Plus, as I have written before, the shares are held on behalf of mutual funds and other clients, which means AXA has no choice in the matter. Not that it’ll make any difference. The protesters have been more active this autumn, and it is a moot point whether they will now drift away again now the university term is under way. Probably not, from my experience of mid1970s student protest, which generally took place during term rather than being allowed to mar the leisure months. What sort are they, I ask a witness, the usual crusties? “More caring

looking.” Oh. Guardian readers, then. The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men. -Leonardo da Vinci http://www.myspace.com/fortheanmals