IndiaDivine.org

ALERT :SEND THIS MAIL TODAY FOR THE KOREAN DOGS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

ALERT :SEND THIS MAIL TODAY FOR THE KOREAN DOGSACT/ Outlaw Korean Dog-Cat Meat TradeALL EMAILS IN THIS ALERT:mhroh,m-opm,minister,wmaster,m_kfda,kfda,webmaster,spoweb,fsb1234,webmaster,information_usa,consular_usa,SAMPLE MAIL [uSE YOUR THOUGHTS TOO]Honorable Officials of Republic of Korea:I commend revisions to the Korean Animal Protection Act of 1991 thatclarifyanimal cruelty, impose stricter penalties, and attempt to minimizehomelessanimal populations. Lawmakers have acknowledged Korea's rise inanimalguardianship with new rules to publicly leash dogs, affix ID tags,registeranimals and require their immunization.I understand the modifications, to take effect January 27, 2008,direct aqualified Animal Protection Warden to investigate

abuse cases andseizeanimals in harm's way. They also toughen fines for the inhumanekilling of"owned" or stray animals.Thank you for these positive steps. I strongly urge authorities toenforcethe revised Animal Protection Law and fully prosecute those whoviolate it.Still, I am worried about the law's dismissal of dog meat markets.Whilecertain slaughter methods are deemed unacceptable, there is nooutright banon killing dogs for human consumption. Similarly, the extraction ofbodilyfluids from a living animal is classified as unlawful cruelty -- butthe lawdoesn't prohibit use of "liquefied" cats in elixirs thought to healarthritis, neuralgia, and other human conditions.Furthermore, existing laws remain vague and unenforceable. The FoodSanitation Law of 1984 considers soups or broths derived from dog(Boshintang) "disgusting foods." Yet this subjective law has donelittle

todissuade dog meat eateries. Korea's Livestock Product Sanitation andInspection Act declassifies dogs as "livestock," stating they cannotbebutchered under Ministry of Agriculture regulations. But Korea's FoodandDrug Administration defines dog meat as a "natural product," therebylegitimizing dog slaughter for human ingestion.These legal incongruities fail to safeguard dogs and cats fromKorea's openmarkets. Publicized footage has shown dogs huddling in cramped,filth-encrusted cages. Many are systematically beaten to "tenderize"theirtissue and expel adrenaline believed to enhance meat with a sexualaphrodisiac.Dogs are strangled, bludgeoned with pipes and hammers, orelectrocuted. Theyare submerged in boiling water and whirlpools to strip away fur.Blowtorchesbrown their skin. Some regain consciousness during processing.Butchersthink dogs who endure intense terror yield softer, more

profitablemeat.Cats, viewed as "nuisance animals," are pummeled to death in sacks orsometimes boiled alive in pressure cookers to produce "herbal"tonics.Images have spread over the Internet of stray cats cowering atop eachotherin small boxes, awaiting death at the hands of laughing workers.Until efforts to legalize dog and cat meat are abandoned, these cruelpractices will persist. I respectfully ask officials to work withintheirarea of command to withdraw all language for hygienic control of dogmeatand afford ALL dogs and cats immunity under "Pet Animals." Pleaseenforcepunishment for the slaughter and sale of dogs and cats for food ormedicine.It is time to shut down the dog and cat meat trade for good. Thankyou foryour attention to this sensitive issue.Sincerely, The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men. -Leonardo da Vinci http://www.myspace.com/fortheanmals SMASH HLS!!! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual & VideoID=17319933

ALERT :SEND THIS MAIL TODAY FOR THE KOREAN DOGS

Posted by: "Shannon Morgan" fortheanmls fortheanmls

Tue Nov 6, 2007 6:44 am (PST)

ALERT :SEND THIS MAIL TODAY FOR THE KOREAN DOGSACT/ Outlaw Korean Dog-Cat Meat TradeALL EMAILS IN THIS ALERT:mhroh (AT) president (DOT) go.kr,m-opm.kr,minister (AT) maf (DOT) go.kr,wmaster (AT) mohw (DOT) go.kr,m_kfda (AT) kfda (DOT) go.kr,kfda.kr,webmaster (AT) www (DOT) mct.go.kr,spoweb (AT) sppo (DOT) go.kr,fsb1234 (AT) kfda (DOT) go.kr,webmaster (AT) moj (DOT) go.kr,information_usa (AT) mofat (DOT) go.kr,consular_usa (AT) mofat (DOT) go.kr,SAMPLE MAIL [uSE YOUR THOUGHTS TOO]Honorable Officials of Republic of Korea:I commend revisions to the Korean Animal Protection Act of 1991 thatclarifyanimal cruelty, impose stricter penalties, and attempt to minimizehomelessanimal populations. Lawmakers have acknowledged Korea's rise inanimalguardianship with new rules to publicly leash dogs, affix ID tags,registeranimals and require their immunization.I understand the modifications, to take effect January 27, 2008,direct aqualified Animal Protection Warden to investigate abuse cases andseizeanimals in harm's way. They also toughen fines for the inhumanekilling of"owned" or stray animals.Thank you for these positive steps. I strongly urge authorities toenforcethe revised Animal Protection Law and fully prosecute those whoviolate it.Still, I am worried about the law's dismissal of dog meat markets.Whilecertain slaughter methods are deemed unacceptable, there is nooutright banon killing dogs for human consumption. Similarly, the extraction ofbodilyfluids from a living animal is classified as unlawful cruelty -- butthe lawdoesn't prohibit use of "liquefied" cats in elixirs thought to healarthritis, neuralgia, and other human conditions.Furthermore, existing laws remain vague and unenforceable. The FoodSanitation Law of 1984 considers soups or broths derived from dog(Boshintang) "disgusting foods." Yet this subjective law has donelittle todissuade dog meat eateries. Korea's Livestock Product Sanitation andInspection Act declassifies dogs as "livestock," stating they cannotbebutchered under Ministry of Agriculture regulations. But Korea's FoodandDrug Administration defines dog meat as a "natural product," therebylegitimizing dog slaughter for human ingestion.These legal incongruities fail to safeguard dogs and cats fromKorea's openmarkets. Publicized footage has shown dogs huddling in cramped,filth-encrusted cages. Many are systematically beaten to "tenderize"theirtissue and expel adrenaline believed to enhance meat with a sexualaphrodisiac.Dogs are strangled, bludgeoned with pipes and hammers, orelectrocuted. Theyare submerged in boiling water and whirlpools to strip away fur.Blowtorchesbrown their skin. Some regain consciousness during processing.Butchersthink dogs who endure intense terror yield softer, more profitablemeat.Cats, viewed as "nuisance animals," are pummeled to death in sacks orsometimes boiled alive in pressure cookers to produce "herbal"tonics.Images have spread over the Internet of stray cats cowering atop eachotherin small boxes, awaiting death at the hands of laughing workers.Until efforts to legalize dog and cat meat are abandoned, these cruelpractices will persist. I respectfully ask officials to work withintheirarea of command to withdraw all language for hygienic control of dogmeatand afford ALL dogs and cats immunity under "Pet Animals." Pleaseenforcepunishment for the slaughter and sale of dogs and cats for food ormedicine.It is time to shut down the dog and cat meat trade for good. Thankyou foryour attention to this sensitive issue.Sincerely,The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as they now look upon the murder of men. -Leonardo da Vincihttp://www.myspace.com/fortheanmalsSMASH HLS!!! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual & VideoID=17319933