IndiaDivine.org

Legal Observer at Today's Circus Leafleting + Next Weekend, Cross Post, Please

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Randy Turner, animal rights attorney extraordinaire, has my sincere thanks for attending the Vegetarian Network of Dallas educational circus leafleting, as our legal observer. I am certain that the membership of Vegetarian Network of Dallas, as well as the entire North Texas AR community, feels the same. Although we did not anticipate problems, Randy was present at our leafleting, just to be certain our constitutional right to free speech was protected. I would like to take just a moment to acknowledge Randy's long record of extraordinary service to animal rights. In case everyone is not already aware, Randy's efforts were key to the 2007 Texas Legislature's passing some of the most effective animal rights laws ever enacted by our state. --- As for our efforts at the circus thus far, we are definitely making a difference! Today, three separate families each told me they were going to ask for their money back for circus tickets after reading our leaflet and talking to me about the circus' abuse of animals. Thanks to those who participated in our educational demo this weekend. But, we need many more of you to join us next Friday and Saturday to speak for the frightened and tortured animals of the circus. Please leaflet with us next weekend and bring a friend. Also, spread the word to everyone you know that the animals need their help.Thank you.

Margaret************************************************************** Vegetarian Network of Dallas' Educational Demonstration & Leafleting of the Shrine Circus WHAT: Peaceful Educational Outreach at the Shrine CircusWHO: ALL COMPASSIONATE

PEOPLE in the DFW Metroplex (If those who care about animal abuse don't come, NO ONE will speak for these frightened and abused animals). Isn't this worth 30 minutes to one hour of your time? WHEN: REMAINING EVENTS ARE----Friday, November 16, 6 PM, (doors open 6 PM, circus starts 7PM) Saturday, November 17, 5:30 PM (doors open 6 PM,

circus starts 7PM)WHY: Animals in the circus are tortured, not trained, into performing. Animals do not naturally ride bicycles, stand on their heads, balance on balls, or jump through rings of fire. To force them to perform these confusing, physically uncomfortable and often frightening tricks, trainers use whips, tight collars, muzzles, electric prods, bullhooks, and other painful tools of the trade. Educate the public that intelligent, social animals are deprived of ALL their natural behaviors and forced to perform silly tricks for humans. Speak up for the animals who have no voice! IF NOT YOU, THEN WHO? IF NOT NOW, WHEN? WHERE: Will Rogers Memorial Coliseum

3401 W. Lancaster Ave.Fort Worth, TX 76107Look for us leafleting along the sidewalk at each gate and at the ticket counter. CONTACT: Margaret Morin at dogs_good or 972-578-0370 or 972-571-9603 (cell # for day of circus use

only, please) DIRECTIONS: Take I-30 to Fort Worth, Exit University. North on University. Turn left on Lancaster and look for tall tower. Map: http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?formtype=address & addtohistory= & address=3401%20W%20Lancaster%20Ave & city=Fort%20Worth & state=TX & zipcode=76107%2d3045 & country=US & geodiff=1 Parking: Free Parking across the street from the WRC at the Kimble Museum. PLEASE POST ON YOUR MY SPACE and CRUELTY FREE PAGES! CROSS POST THIS EMAIL TO YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY! HELP MOBILIZE CARING PEOPLE TO SPEAK FOR VOICELESS ANIMALS! To ensure you get such announcements in the future, if you are not yet a Vegetarian Network of Dallas member (free), please join now by going to:/ Thank you. Margaret Morin Vegetarian Network of Dallas www.vegnod.com