IndiaDivine.org

One way to explain Animal Advoacy-Jeanette's Reply!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

With permission, posted by our member Jeanette Prasiska.

MMjprasifka wrote: I have always said:"It is not necessary for me to take a life in order to further my own"Therefore, why would one do it?---- Margaret Morin wrote: =============An old friend of twenty three years, who is not vegetarian, and I got into the animal rights debate the other day. In anger, she called me an elitist for being a vegetarian and animal advocate. I had to think fast

about how to reply or it our conversation would have degenerated into name calling and I would have accomplished nothing. So, I asked her. "If you lived in the 1940's and you knew the Nazi concentration camps existed, wouldn't you have to try to do something about it? I have to speak out about factory farms." She was silent for a couple of heartbeats and then she said that she thought she might be beginning to understand for the first time why I am doing what I do.Good luck in dealing with your families on Thanksgiving. And, remember, s/he who gets angry first looses. If you have a succinct sentence or two you use to explain animal advocacy, please feel free to post. We may learn from each other. Margaret Get easy, one-click

access to your favorites. Make your homepage. Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage. Delete Reply Forward Spam Move... Previous | Next | Back to Messages Save Message Text | Full Headers Check Mail Compose Search Mail: Search Mail Search the Web Move Options [New Folder] AR Community Co... Circus Dogs Donations EVD Friends Household Julia NTARN On-Line Events VegNod VegNod College ... WFAD Forward Options As Inline TextAs Attachment Reply Options Reply To SenderReply To Everyone Address Book Shortcuts Add ContactAdd Category View ContactsView Lists QuickBuilderImport ContactsSynchronize Addresses OptionsAddresses Help Calendar

Shortcuts Add EventAdd TaskAdd Birthday DayWeekMonthYear Event ListRemindersTasks SharingSynchronize Calendar OptionsCalendar Help Notepad Shortcuts Add NoteAdd Folder View Notes Notepad OptionsNotepad

Help Advanced Search Advanced Search 1994-2007 Inc. All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Copyright/IP Policy - GuidelinesNOTICE: We collect personal information on this site.To learn more about how we use your information, see our Privacy Policy

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.