IndiaDivine.org

Country Singer Agrees to try faux fur coat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I cannot BELIEVE in this day and age this MAN would don a full length fox fur coat. WTF was he thinking????? Duh, I guess he forgot about PeTA! John Rich Agrees to Try Faux Fur Big and Rich's John Rich photo courtesy of Warner Bros. Nashville. November 26, 2007 — John Rich, who wore a fox fur coat onstage at the recent CMA Awards, has shown he's willing to listen to protesters' points

of view on the subject of wearing fur, The Tennessean reports. People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals received dozens of complaints from viewers who were disappointed to see John wearing fur, so PETA's Michelle Cho sent him an e-mail that got his attention. "Please know that animals killed for their fur endure immense suffering and that most fur comes from China, where there are no animal protection laws regulating how animals are treated on fur farms," Cho wrote. "A recent undercover investigation of Chinese fur farms revealed that workers swing raccoon dogs and foxes by their hind legs and slam their heads to the ground, injuring them but often leaving them conscious as they are skinned alive." She asked John to watch undercover footage of a fur-farm investigation narrated by clothing designer Stella McCartney (Paul's daughter) and noted that renowned designers such as Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger, and Marc Bouwer have

agreed to use only faux fur in their lines. John chose to respond personally to Cho. "I would like you to please forward my apologies to any of your members that are fans of Big and Rich that took offense to me wearing a fur coat on the CMA awards," he wrote. "Trust me, it was never my intent to upset anyone. Also, if any of the world class designers that you mentioned in your previous e-mail would like to send me full-length faux fur coats, I would be happy to wear them, and when asked by the press or fans, tell them it is a faux fur. "I do not agree with many of your organization's views or tactics, but I do respect your passion for animal rights, as I am an animal lover as well. I appreciate your willingness to address me on this subject." Big & Rich News, Bio, Photos, Tour Dates and More! GAC's 41st Annual CMA Awards Show Section Watch exclusive GAC video interviews with country's hottest stars!