IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: A Sacred Duty

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Has anyone seen this movie yet?Melgraj wrote: MelgrajTue, 27 Nov 2007 18:54:41 ESTA Sacred DutyRSchw12345, jdiamond4, rrrina I want to compliment you on a phenomenal documentary. It is extremely powerful and I was so thrilled to see you covered everything that Al Gore did not. It flows so well from the global warming problem to livestock to the health aspects and finishing up with the brutal and horrific treatment of the animals for

what ... a meal? I am so sensitive to the feelings of animals that I shook uncontrollably for about a half an hour after I had managed to stop crying - it is quite unbelievable to me that anyone can treat anything in such a manner - the cow's tears will never leave me - as all the shocking atrocities committed against all these sentient beings. How can we possibly call our society civilized? I keep copies of many of the documentaries made about animal suffering such as Earthlings, Meet your Meat, If this is Kosher, Delicacy of Despair and others, which I either give to people or loan out but to be honest with you I cannot watch as I become immobilized - I did watch yours and it is inconceivable what is done to these innocent beings. Anyone with an ounce of morality will change their life after watching your documentary for the sake of the animals, the earth and their health. I

plan to ask some people I know who belong to synagogues here to set up appointments with several rabbis and give them a copy of the documentary and ask whether they would share this with their congregation - actually the way I feel right now I just want to put up huge screens everywhere and make sure the public see the indescribable suffering these animals endure and the treatment of them for nothing more than an unhealthy meal. I have found that a powerful tool I use for those people insensitive to animal suffering is giving them a copy of The China Study to read, and everyone I have given the book to (my daughter finds that her friends have become vegan after she has given them Skinny Bitch) has gone vegan (one gentleman in South Africa aged 88 and one in Florida aged 83) and from there have begun to explore the books available on food and animals such as your book Richard and John Robbins and

Howard Lyman's books - many have written to me and said that they cannot believe they once ate animals after reading about the treatment of the animals and the illness that can be avoided by going vegan. Thank you for making such a powerful, powerful and truthful documentary that I believe will educate the public about the urgency of changing our habits if they are wise enough to do so, and will help the precious animals and our planet. Thank you so much!!! Melanie www.jewishveg.com www.vegforlife.org www.vegsource.com www.tryveg.com www.stoppuppymills.org www.bestfriends.org www.upc-online.org www.maria-daines.com www.lamentorumeno.org www.furkills.org www.amsalefoundation.org www.christianveg.com "If you have men who will exclude GOD'S creatures from shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men"~~ Saint Francis of Assisi"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace." Dr. Albert Schweitzer, 1875 - 1965 "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to improve the world." -- Anne Frank "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that

your strength lies." -- Mother Teresa "There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to other animals as well as humans, it is all a sham." -- Anna Sewell http://www.chooseveg.com/meet-your-meat.asp"There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to other animals as well as humans, it is all a sham." -- Anna Sewell

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

keep trying peter....keep trying

:)

metalscarab Nov 28, 2007 4:07 AM Re: Fwd: A Sacred Duty

Hi Kerri

> Has anyone seen this movie yet?

I've not - perhaps you could tell us some more about it?

BB

Peter

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

Confucius

If anyone would like a copy (or several) for viewing/showing/sharing, please contact John Diamond at jdiamond4. Here is more info on the film: http://www.asacredduty.com/ http://www.myspace.com/asacredduty MelgrajTue, 27 Nov 2007 18:54:41 ESTA Sacred DutyRSchw12345, jdiamond4, rrrina I want to compliment you on a phenomenal documentary. It is extremely powerful and I was so thrilled to see you covered everything that Al Gore did not. It

flows so well from the global warming problem to livestock to the health aspects and finishing up with the brutal and horrific treatment of the animals for what ... a meal? I am so sensitive to the feelings of animals that I shook uncontrollably for about a half an hour after I had managed to stop crying - it is quite unbelievable to me that anyone can treat anything in such a manner - the cow's tears will never leave me - as all the shocking atrocities committed against all these sentient beings. How can we possibly call our society civilized? I keep copies of many of the documentaries made about animal suffering such as Earthlings, Meet your Meat, If this is Kosher, Delicacy of Despair and others, which I either give to people or loan out but to be honest with you I cannot watch as I become immobilized - I did watch yours and it is inconceivable what is done to these innocent beings. Anyone with an ounce of morality will

change their life after watching your documentary for the sake of the animals, the earth and their health. I plan to ask some people I know who belong to synagogues here to set up appointments with several rabbis and give them a copy of the documentary and ask whether they would share this with their congregation - actually the way I feel right now I just want to put up huge screens everywhere and make sure the public see the indescribable suffering these animals endure and the treatment of them for nothing more than an unhealthy meal. I have found that a powerful tool I use for those people insensitive to animal suffering is giving them a copy of The China Study to read, and everyone I have given the book to (my daughter finds that her friends have become vegan after she has given them Skinny Bitch) has gone vegan (one gentleman in South Africa aged 88 and

one in Florida aged 83) and from there have begun to explore the books available on food and animals such as your book Richard and John Robbins and Howard Lyman's books - many have written to me and said that they cannot believe they once ate animals after reading about the treatment of the animals and the illness that can be avoided by going vegan. Thank you for making such a powerful, powerful and truthful documentary that I believe will educate the public about the urgency of changing our habits if they are wise enough to do so, and will help the precious animals and our planet. Thank you so much!!! Melanie www.jewishveg.com www.vegforlife.org www.vegsource.com www.tryveg.com www.stoppuppymills.org www.bestfriends.org www.upc-online.org www.maria-daines.com www.lamentorumeno.org www.furkills.org www.amsalefoundation.org www.christianveg.com "If you have men who will exclude GOD'S creatures from shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men"~~ Saint Francis of Assisi"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace." Dr. Albert Schweitzer, 1875 - 1965 "How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment to improve the world." -- Anne Frank "Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies." -- Mother Teresa "There is no religion without love, and people may talk as much as they like about their religion, but if it does not teach them to be good and kind to other animals as well as humans, it is all a sham." -- Anna Sewell

Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Mail. See how.

It would be nice if Kerri joined in.

Jo

-

fraggle

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 4:30 PM

Re: Fwd: A Sacred Duty

keep trying peter....keep trying

:)

metalscarab Nov 28, 2007 4:07 AM Re: Fwd: A Sacred Duty

Hi Kerri

> Has anyone seen this movie yet?

I've not - perhaps you could tell us some more about it?

BB

Peter

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance. Confucius

Hi Jo

> It would be nice if Kerri joined in.

It would have been nice - unfortunately when I e-mailed Kerri off list to ask her to try to join in with the chat, I got a response saying "screw you"... so clearly she's not in any way interested in contributing to the list beyond cross-posting articles. Oh well.

BB

Peter

Hi Peter

Oh well - if that's the way she feels. This is meant to be a chat group.

BBJo

-

metalscarab

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 11:24 PM

Re: Fwd: A Sacred Duty

Hi Jo

It would have been nice - unfortunately when I e-mailed Kerri off list to ask her to try to join in with the chat, I got a response saying "screw you"... so clearly she's not in any way interested in contributing to the list beyond cross-posting articles. Oh well.

BB

Peter

That's horrible that she said that. I actually like her posts but agree that it'd be nice for her to join in occasionally. Tracy -------- Hi Jo> It would be nice if Kerri joined in.It would have been nice - unfortunately when I e-mailed Kerri off list to ask her to try to join in with the chat, I got a response saying "screw you"... so clearly she's not in any way interested in contributing to the list beyond cross-posting articles. Oh well.BBPeterLike animals? http://www.chooseveg.com/vegetarians-save-lives.asp Wanna lose weight? http://www.chooseveg.com/obesity.asp Care about the environment? http://www.chooseveg.com/global-warming.asp

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Hi Tracy

> That's horrible that she said that. I actually like her posts but agree that it'd be nice for her to join in occasionally.

It's always a tricky one for us moderators when we get people coming along and posting articles without joining in. Throughout the years we've had quite a few people do that. We like to give them a chance to join in, and if what they're posting is in any way vegan related, we do try to give them a bit of time (in other words if it's not just random advertising spam!) But if we didn't eventually challenge them, we'd now have about a dozen people on the list each posting between 5 and 10 items every day, and we'd end up with the chat on the list being swamped by the cross-posts, so we really need to eventually say something to the people concerned.

Strangely enough, they almost all have the same sort of response when we politely point out to them that they should really join in with chat. Perhaps we should just be tougher on people when they arrive, but we're really keen not to act as "censors", trying to keep ourselves to just keeping the list running smoothly and for the purpose it's intended.

BB

Peter

What the hell was that for?

What is her problem?

Seems to like wasting her time?

Peter H

metalscarab <metalscarab Sent: Wednesday, 28 November, 2007 11:24:49 PMRe: Fwd: A Sacred Duty

Hi Jo

BB

Peter

Sent from - the World's favourite mail.