IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: [societyofpeacenetwork] Fw: Presidential Candidate Dennis Kucinich on Go Vegan Texas! December 3, 2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dennis Kucinich will have an exclusive interview on Go Vegan Texas Monday morning. For those who may not already know, Dennis is a peace activist, animal advocate and vegan! You can stream the show live on the web at www.kpft.org. (Show promo is below) I also want to extend a special open invitation to our friends in Dallas ... VegNOD, NTARN and ACT members are always welcome at any events & outreach efforts if you ever find yourself visiting the Houston area. We have a great holiday event on December 8th with vegan Indian cuisine, entertainment and a special presentation by Shirley Wilkes-Johnson (co-founder of LSVN and Go Vegan Texas). If any of you plan to be in Houston next weekend, I hope you'll join us! For All Animals, Kristen Lee Ohanyan kristen Tune in at 10:00 am on 90.1 FM KPFT or live on the web at www.kpft.orgPlease Scroll to bottom for important information about the Society of Peace Holiday event, dinner

and presentation: The Secret to Creating Peace or go to Societyofpeace.org and click on Events Calendar PeaceCandidateDennis Kucinichthe First Vegan Presidential Candidate in the History of the U.S.Live on Go Vegan Texas!In an Exclusive Interview on Radio for Peaceon Monday, December 3, 2007Kucinich Favorite SongImagine all the people living life in peace You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only

one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will live as one. — John Lennon I've been living an essentially vegan lifestyle since 1995, and that has led me to a condition of extraordinary health and clarity..... I'm 60 years old, but I'll bet that I'm in better physical shape than a lot of people a lot younger. --Dennis K Kucinich added: "People want a president who is healthy because if you're healthy you can think right." Excerpts from Interview VEGAN CONGRESSMAN DENNIS KUCINICH Interviewed for the Abolitionist-Online by Claudette Vaughan Abolitionist: You have said our presence on the planet has a higher calling. What is that higher calling? Dennis Kucinich: It is to evolve to become the best that we can possibly be and that is to let go of all of our fears, of all

of our doubts, to expand our intellect, our spirit, our heart, to embrace each other joyously, fearlessly and to arrive at that place where mythology has called it 'The Garden of Eden'. Abolitionist: Your ideas and views on non-violence are profound in an era when the Bush Administration is calling for 'one hundred years of war'. Do you see your life and ideas on non-violence as a direct response against stopping their world from emerging? Dennis Kucinich: The more that we practice violence, the more we lose our capacity to evolve to become the best that we can be. Violence is actually a form of separation from our higher natures..... War is not inevitable. Peace is

inevitable if we are willing to, ourselves, become exemplars or channels of that peace. I think that we have a society in which millions of people depend on a certain source of food and it's a monumental under-taking to get people to think about the choices they make. By the way, one cannot force those choices but when one comes to understand the suffering that occurs of species and those in the animal kingdom we can then begin to reappraise the choices that we make in either facilitating or lessening that suffering. It's all about what each one of us chooses for the world. Read the rest of the interview at: http://www.abolitionist-online.com/_06kucinich.htmlMy underlying philosophy is a green philosophy. It means that I'm looking at a total reorganization of the federal government to create a cooperative and synergistic relationship between all departments and administrations for the purpose of greening America.--Dennis KucinichKucinich is inviting us to stop being aggressive nationalists and start being brothers and sisters with the entire human race. --The nationWe have weapons of mass destruction we have to address here at home. Poverty is a weapon of mass destruction. Homelessness is a weapon of mass destruction. Unemployment is a weapon of mass destruction. --Dennis KucinichOn November 6, 2007, "Presidential candidate and U.S. Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) caught Democrat leadership

in the House off-guard ... when he utilized special parliamentary rules to move for a vote on impeaching Vice President Dick Cheney.""The best option to prevent an unnecessary war with Iran is to impeach the Vice President, the lead cheerleader of the war...This isn't about my campaign. This isn't a Democratic or Republican issue. This is about the Constitution. This is about the rule of law."-Congressman Dennis Kucinich "Peace must be made central to our existence." Dennis KucinichWatch Dennis Kucinich: About The IMAGINE PEACE TOWER.

on Go Vegan Texas! Monday, December 3 VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV Today's Show Produced and Hosted by Shirley Wilkes-Johnson Go Vegan Texas! Mondays @ 10 - 11am (CST) on Pacifica Radio, KPFT-Houston, 90.1 FM Thank you for listening to Go Vegan Texas! this morning with an open mind and heart, Janice BlueHost, Go Vegan Texas!Every Monday @ 10am (CDT) on Pacifica Radio KPFT-Houston, 90.1 FM and 89.5 FM-GalvestonListen live on www.govegantexas.org Or later on the KPFT Archive: http://archive.kpft.org Every Animal You EatWas Running for Her Life -------------------------------Show Compassion! Go Vegan!Contact Information for Today's Guest: Dennis Kucinichhttp://www.dennis4president.com/contact/ Washington Office2445 Rayburn

HOBWashington, DC 20515Phone (202)225-5871Fax (202)225-5745 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SATURDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2007 Society of PEACE presents "The Secret -- to Creating PEACE" with Shirley

Wilkes-Johnson Join us as we host a special event on Saturday, December 8th, with Shirley Wilkes-Johnson as our featured guest speaker. Shirley will be speaking about "The Secret -- to Creating PEACE" and we are honored to be hosting the Houston premier of this special presentation, which can be described as "powerful, inspirational and transformational"! Mahatma Gandhi once said, "Be the change you wish to see in the world." So, how can we BE peace? Attend this enlightening presentation and find out! DATE: Saturday, December 8, 2007 TIME: 5:30-8:30 pm PLACE: Houston Hare Krishna Cultural Center

(Gauranga Hall), 1320 W. 34th Street in HoustonCOST: $8.00 per person, includes Vegan Indian cuisine, a cultural music & dance performance and Shirley's inspiring presentation CLICK HERE to view, share and print the event flyer. Advance reservations are required for catering purposes & seating. Please RSVP HERE, or call 832-563-1858 for more information.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.