IndiaDivine.org

The Media Can Legally Lie

Rate this topic

Guest guest

read, and you will see why this is relevant;

Is this news to you?

So Fox news successfully argued before a Federal District Court of Appeals that they have a legal right to lie to the public?Is this news to anyone else? It was to me. As unbelievable as it sounds, that's exactly what happened. It is 100% true.Turn off FOX ... it is a mouthpiece for lies.The Media Can Legally Liehttp://www.relfe.com/media_can_legally_lie.html "In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.During their appeal, FOX asserted that there are no written rules against distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves."Wikipedia says:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_AkreJane Akre and her husband Steve Wilson are former employees of Fox owned-and-operated station WTVT in Tampa, Florida. In 1997, they were fired from the station after refusing to include knowingly false information in their report concerning the Monsanto Corporation's production of RBGH, a drug designed to make cows produce more milk than what is natural. Side effects of the drug include a 25% greater chance of mastitis (infection of the udders). They successfully sued under Florida's whistle blower law and were awarded a US $425,000 settlement by jury decision. However, Fox appealed to an appellate court and won, after the court declared that the FCC policy against falsification that Fox violated was just a policy and not a "law, rule, or regulation", and so the whistle blower law did not apply.The court agreed with WTVT's (Fox) argument "that the FCC's policy against the intentional falsification of the news -- which the FCC has called its "news distortion policy" -- does not qualify as the required "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102.[...] Because the FCC's news distortion policy is not a "law, rule, or regulation" under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's statute."

Peace, Love, Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas, Joyous Kwanzaa, Happy Ramadan, Blessed Yule, Happy Holiday, & a Groovy Winter Solstice,

JuliAnd now for something completely different ; )..........................................................~On the 12th day of the Eurocentrically imposed midwinter festival, my potential-acquaintance-abuse-survivor gave to me:

Twelve males reclaiming their inner warrior through ritual drumming, Eleven pipers piping (plus the 18-member pit orchestra made up of members in good standing of the Musicians Equity Union as called for in their union contract even though they will not be asked to play a note...); Ten melanin-deprived testosterone-poisoned scions of the patriarchal ruling class system leaping; Nine persons engaged in rythmic self-expression, Eight economically disadvantaged but still virginal Gyno-Americans stealing milk products from enslaved Bovine-Americans; Seven endangered swans swimming on federally protected wetlands; Six enslaved fowl-Americans producing stolen nonhuman animal products; Five golden symbols of culturally sanctioned enforced domestic incarceration; (Note: after a member of the Animal Liberation Front threatened to throw red paint at my computer, the calling birds, French hens and partridge have been reintroduced to their native habitat. To avoid further animal-American enslavement, the remaining gift package has been revised). Four hours of recorded whale songs, Three deconstructionist poets; Two Sierra Club calendars printed on recycled processed tree carcasses; And a spotted owl activist chained to an old-growth pear tree.~

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

I just sent letters to the following Fox contacts. I also e-mailed Keith Olbermann in the hopes that he may do a piece on the issue. Perhaps if enough of us bombard the "mainstream media", it may get some public attention.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,77538,00.html

FOXNews.com - Contact Us - FOX News

Peace, Love, Happy Hanukah, Merry Christmas, Joyous Kwanzaa, Happy Ramadan, Blessed Yule, Happy Holiday, & a Groovy Winter Solstice,

JuliAnd now for something completely different ; )..........................................................~On the 12th day of the Eurocentrically imposed midwinter festival, my potential-acquaintance-abuse-survivor gave to me:

Twelve males reclaiming their inner warrior through ritual drumming, Eleven pipers piping (plus the 18-member pit orchestra made up of members in good standing of the Musicians Equity Union as called for in their union contract even though they will not be asked to play a note...); Ten melanin-deprived testosterone-poisoned scions of the patriarchal ruling class system leaping; Nine persons engaged in rythmic self-expression, Eight economically disadvantaged but still virginal Gyno-Americans stealing milk products from enslaved Bovine-Americans; Seven endangered swans swimming on federally protected wetlands; Six enslaved fowl-Americans producing stolen nonhuman animal products; Five golden symbols of culturally sanctioned enforced domestic incarceration; (Note: after a member of the Animal Liberation Front threatened to throw red paint at my computer, the calling birds, French hens and partridge have been reintroduced to their native habitat. To avoid further animal-American enslavement, the remaining gift package has been revised). Four hours of recorded whale songs, Three deconstructionist poets; Two Sierra Club calendars printed on recycled processed tree carcasses; And a spotted owl activist chained to an old-growth pear tree.~See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.