IndiaDivine.org

Happy 2008! Please Read - Okay to Cross Post

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Happy New Year, Everyone! I am reposting my January 1st email for those who did not see it. I ask that you please take a minute to read this email all the way through. I am honored to have demonstrated, leafleted and otherwise supported all of you who took an active role in giving voice to the voiceless in 2007. No matter what it was that you did to actively speak for the animals, each of you is my hero. But, there are several hundred people d to the various North Texas Animal Rights and very few actively participate in animal advocacy. The animals need you to speak for them. As much as I wish it were otherwise, it may make us feel productive, but forwarding emails does not do much to help animals. I mean no

offense, but it takes more than calling oneself an animal advocate to be one. Please make 2008 the year that you get active for animals! There are so many easy ways to speak effectively for animals. Vegetarian Network of Dallas (VegNod) offers several programs and options that take little effort and are a lot of fun. Here are just a few of VegNod Animal Advocacy programs: -- College Outreach: We supply all materials you

need to leaflet in the fresh air and sunshine on a college campus to receptive young adults. -- Take A Carnivore to Lunch: VegNod offers one free raffle tickets to your carnivore friend and two free raffle tickets to each VegNod member who brings such a friend to our monthly lunch. -- Tabling Events: VegNod sponsors or participates in community events, such as The All American Meat-out and Mystics, Mutts and Moonpies at White Rock Lake. -- Educational Demonstrations/Leafletings: VegNod organizes or co-sponsors several educational demonstrations each year. Our demonstrations are a safe and legal way to advocate for animals. Those VegNod members who leafleted at the Shrine Circus spoke for the abused and exhausted elephants and we succeeded in getting many to not buy circus tickets. Plus, We saw for ourselves that seven elephants

were given only a few handfuls of grain to share after working an eighteen hour day, but they altruistically fed it to the smallest elephant who was too depressed or sick to feed herself. If everyone subscribing to the DFW AR e-groups participated in at least one educational leafleting or demonstration in 2008, DFW Animal Rights would be a force to be reckoned with. We would be able to make a real difference in these elephants lives, who NEVER get a day off from their immense suffering. This is how they will live every day of their miserable lives until the day they die, unless each one of us

stands up for them. Vegetarian Network of Dallas demonstrations are peaceful and lawful. As representatives of an important social justice movement, we conduct ourselves as gracious ladies and gentlemen and as people others wish to emulate. I am proud to be part of the animal rights community in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. I hope to see many more of you get active for animals this year. Stand in solidarity with Vegetarian Network of Dallas to speak for animals in 2008. We are Stronger Together!‘All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good people do nothing' Thank you. Margaret

MorinVegetarian Network of Dallaswww.vegNod.com

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.