IndiaDivine.org

My thoughts on the Kimora/PETA thing

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Judith wrote she was really shocked and I have to admmit so was I at

first....

Here's what she wrote followed by my answer.

In a message dated 1/11/08 4:34:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,

judithb writes:

http://www.helpinganimals.com/f-Kimora.asp

Can someone please explain this to me?

Kimora Lee Simmons wears fur.

Kimora Lee Simmons owns and runs every facet of

BabyPhat, a company that sells hooded down parkas

trimmed with raccoon dog fur from animals that are

brutally skinned alive.

Is Ingrid Newkirk completely out of her mind? How can

PETA not be aware of this and allow this woman to do a

PSA for them?

I have already seen many internet comments on how

luidicrous it is for Simmons to rep for PETA.

Judith, this surprises me too......and yet, how can we get people

to change & stop supporting animal cruelty if we just simply shun

them. I mean, that's what I'd like to do, but that doesn't really get

us anywhere, does it?

Recently I was shocked by another PSA from [ I believe it

was the ASPCA ] done by Maya Angelou who I've heard brag on

the Oprah show about having dinner parties where she served an

extensive variety of exotic animal flesh.

Who the hell is she to preach kindness to animals? But

there it is. Maybe getting these animal abusers involved & " thinking "

is a way to get them to realize that they cannot call themselves

animal lovers if they continue to eat them and wear them.

I'll tell you one thing.....I've met Ingrid & she's one of the

smartest people I've ever known so on this, I'm putting my faith

in her that she knows exactly what she's doing. After all....one

of PETA's long time strategies is to get people talking & thinking

about issues....and as usual......it's working.

I'm kind of upset by this too...what if people see the PSA and then see KLS wearing a fur- they may think that it's ok to wear fur i'm not sure this was a great idea :(

gingerlks1 <keykeythepie Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:29:53 AM My thoughts on the Kimora/PETA thing

Judith wrote she was really shocked and I have to admmit so was I at first....Here's what she wrote followed by my answer.In a message dated 1/11/08 4:34:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, judithb (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net writes:http://www.helpinga nimals.com/ f-Kimora. aspCan someone please explain this to me?Kimora Lee Simmons wears fur.Kimora Lee Simmons owns and runs every facet ofBabyPhat, a company that sells hooded down parkastrimmed with raccoon dog fur from animals that arebrutally skinned alive.Is Ingrid Newkirk completely out of her mind? How canPETA not be aware of this and allow this woman to do aPSA for them?I have already seen many internet comments on howluidicrous it is

for Simmons to rep for PETA.************ ********* **Judith, this surprises me too......and yet, how can we get people to change & stop supporting animal cruelty if we just simply shun them. I mean, that's what I'd like to do, but that doesn't really get us anywhere, does it?Recently I was shocked by another PSA from [ I believe itwas the ASPCA ] done by Maya Angelou who I've heard brag onthe Oprah show about having dinner parties where she served anextensive variety of exotic animal flesh. Who the hell is she to preach kindness to animals? Butthere it is. Maybe getting these animal abusers involved & "thinking" is a way to get them to realize that they cannot call themselves animal lovers if they continue to eat them and wear them.I'll tell you one thing.....I' ve met Ingrid & she's one of the smartest people I've ever known so on this, I'm putting my faithin her that she

knows exactly what she's doing. After all....oneof PETA's long time strategies is to get people talking & thinkingabout issues....and as usual......it' s working.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.

Regardig Baby Phat. Last year I spent days at Burlington checking for false labeling on jackets/coats with fur trim. Baby Phat was the main garment co. that had consistent false labeling. Usually stating 100% polyester when it was real. (Singe test). Disgusting. gingerlks1 <keykeythepie wrote: Judith wrote she was really shocked and I have to admmit so was I at first....Here's what she wrote followed by my answer.In a message dated 1/11/08 4:34:31

PM Eastern Standard Time, judithb (AT) sbcglobal (DOT) net writes:http://www.helpinganimals.com/f-Kimora.aspCan someone please explain this to me?Kimora Lee Simmons wears fur.Kimora Lee Simmons owns and runs every facet ofBabyPhat, a company that sells hooded down parkastrimmed with raccoon dog fur from animals that arebrutally skinned alive.Is Ingrid Newkirk completely out of her mind? How canPETA not be aware of this and allow this woman to do aPSA for them?I have already seen many internet comments on howluidicrous it is for Simmons to rep for PETA.***********************Judith, this surprises me too......and yet, how can we get people to change & stop supporting animal cruelty if we just simply shun them. I mean, that's what I'd like to do, but that

doesn't really get us anywhere, does it?Recently I was shocked by another PSA from [ I believe itwas the ASPCA ] done by Maya Angelou who I've heard brag onthe Oprah show about having dinner parties where she served anextensive variety of exotic animal flesh. Who the hell is she to preach kindness to animals? Butthere it is. Maybe getting these animal abusers involved & "thinking" is a way to get them to realize that they cannot call themselves animal lovers if they continue to eat them and wear them.I'll tell you one thing.....I've met Ingrid & she's one of the smartest people I've ever known so on this, I'm putting my faithin her that she knows exactly what she's doing. After all....oneof PETA's long time strategies is to get people talking & thinkingabout issues....and as usual......it's working. The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. -Hippocrates