IndiaDivine.org

Recipe: Jolly Green Smoothie from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I encourage everyone to give this a chance. It could be a wonderful way to get more greens into ones diet. As the aurthor said, one really can't taste the spinach (but I wouldn't mind if I did). Margaret Fatfree Vegan Kitchen Fatfree Vegan Kitchen Green Smoothies (or Blended Salads) are all the rage on the Eat to Live program, and I resisted them for a long time. The first time I heard that people were blending spinach into their smoothies, I thought I was going to upchuck. But then I tried it, just a few leaves at first, and found that what they said was true: you really can't taste it. It's a great way to get a little more greenery into your...er...d-word. Some people use kale and other greens (mustard, ew), but spinach is about as far as I'm willing to go. If you haven't had one, give it a try. It's a great way to

infuse yourself with a lot of vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and fiber--and you don't even have to chew!Jolly Green SmoothieUse whatever fruit you want in this. Banana will make it creamier, while berries will make it look muddier but taste delicious.1 cup pineapple, frozen, unsweetened1 cup frozen mango chunks3 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 2 cups, packed, or as much as your blender will hold)about 1/2 cup water or other liquidPut all ingredients in blender and puree until

smooth. Add more water if necessary to get the blades moving. Drink and enjoy!One serving: 201 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (2% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 49g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 52mg Sodium; 7g Fiber.Here's to another year of FatFree Vegan Kitchen and to all of you readers who make writing this blog so much fun.To your health!Tags: vegan recipes vegetarian cooking food fat-free Subscribe to Fatfree Vegan

Kitchen Comments Feed Photos, original recipes, and text � Susan Voisin and Fatfree Vegan Recipes, 2006-7. All rights reserved.

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.