IndiaDivine.org

RE: Weizmann Institute of Science Causes Lost Credibility for Israel

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you have not yet written a letter politely urging Israel to cease the Weizmann experiments, please do so today. See VegNod post 1468 for email addresses. See my email to Israel in post 1497. Here is the VegNod address:/messages/I received several replies from the Israeli government, one of which is below. I also replied to that and it is also below. Thank you. MargaretMargaret Morin <dogs_good wrote: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 07:33:47 -0800 (PST)Margaret Morin <dogs_goodRE: Weizmann Institute of Science Causes Lost Credibility for Israeláðé àìåï <belon The Weitzmann experiments have produced no value to humans and

caused great harm to animals. Experiments on sentient beings are immoral, unethical and unjustifiable, just as the experiments on Jews and other "undesirables" in Germany during WWII were. Israel should set an example to the world and abolish all testing on animals for this reason, if for nothing else. Thank you. Margaret MorinPlano, Texas, USAáðé àìåï <belon wrote: Jerusalem, January 16, 2008 Thank you for your letter regarding experiments on animals. I appreciate you bringing this important information to my knowledge. The issue of experiments on animals is complex and Israel is not the only country dealing with these scientific and moral questions. The legislation of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Law (Experiments on Animals), 1994 and the establishment of the National Council for Animal Experimentation, in charge of monitoring the experiments on animals, are very important steps. The Knesset Science and Technology Committee and Education, Culture and Sports Committee held quite a number of debates on the matter. We have been observing and monitoring the situation and we will continue to make sure that experiments are performed in accordance with the law, after considering all the possible alternatives, while reducing animal suffering to a minimum. The two committees met and decided to set up a joint committee that will continue to monitor and supervise the situation and consider the need for a change in legislation. Sincerely yours, Benyamin Elon, M.KChairman of the Science and Technology Committee

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.