IndiaDivine.org

Ingrid Newkirk on Non Violence on Go Vegan Texas! Radio, January 28, 2008.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Tune in every Monday at 10:00 am on 90.1 FM KPFT Houston (89.5 in Galveston), or live on the web at www.kpft.orgor later on archive http://archive.kpft.org Scroll to bottom of page for important announcements Govegantexas.org Nonviolence Includes Animals Maxine the Cow was literally running for her life -Show compassion - Go Vegan! Maxine the Cow: Escape from Slaughter Click above to Watch on You TubeIngrid Newkirk (with Little Man): "I want to more

closely associate humans with the other animals, because if we took Biology 101 we know we are all animals. It's just that we decide we're gods, they're trash. That's just invalid, wrong from every point of perspective: scientific, moral and everything else. I want people to relate to the other animals."Image: David Shankbone. Nonviolence Includes Animals with PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk, introduction by Dennis

Kucinich PETA President Ingrid E. Newkirk's asks us to open our minds to the idea that the way we treat animals is a reflection of who we are as individuals and as a society. Are we able to grasp the most basic problems facing us as we attempt to resolve conflict? Facing our lack of empathy toward others who are not like us is an interesting exercise that requires us to confront our most ingrained prejudices—even as we challenge others to confront theirs. A note about the introduction by Dennis Kucinich:Dennis Kucinich was the 2003 recipient of the Gandhi Peace Award and has advocated the creation of a cabinet-level Department of Peace in order to make nonviolence an organizing principle within our society. As a vegan, he acts upon his belief in nonviolence toward all animals and believes that protection

of the global environment is fundamental to preserving all species. Click here to listen to this CD. Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages. - Thomas Edison, inventor Veganism has given me a higher level of awareness and spirituality. --Dexter Scott King, Son of Martin Luther King, Jr.Under the leadership of Dr. (Martin Luther) King(Jr.) I became totally committed to nonviolence, and I was convinced that nonviolence meant opposition to killing in any

form. I felt the commandment 'Thou shalt not kill' applied to human beings not only in their dealings with each other...but in their practice of killing animals for food or sport. Animals and humans suffer and die alike. Violence causes the same pain, the same spilling of blood, the same stench of death, the same arrogant, cruel, and brutal taking of life.--Dick Gregory, American comedian, social reformer, political activist YouTube - Nonviolence includes animals part1 Watch video - 9 min - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hn335vewMnc YouTube - Nonviolence includes animals part2 Watch video - 7 min - www.youtube.com/watch?v=mujT4Q7j-nQ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> January 28, 2008This Show was produced and hosted byShirley

Wilkes-Johnson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Go Vegan Texas!govegantexas.org Mondays @ 10 - 11am (CST) on Pacifica Radio, KPFT-Houston, 90.1 FM 89.5 FM-Galveston Thank you for listening to Go Vegan Texas! today with an open mind and heart! The Go Vegan Texas!

Collective Janice Blue, Jerrilyn Halbert, Kristen Lee Ohanyan & Shirley Wilkes-JohnsonShow Compassion! GO VEGAN!

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.