IndiaDivine.org

Fox to televise rat being microwaved to death. Email today!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please email Fox TV and politely, but emphatically urge Fox not to air this commercial promotion again and not to televise the episode of "Unhitched." Fox Email: askfox Apparently, a commercial promoting this upcoming program, in which a rat in tortured to death by being microwaved by two boys, is being aired. The commercial in itself will encourage copy cat crimes. The

below email from the "rat lady" was published on the CVA and CVA and other groups have published emails from several others attesting to the fact that they contacted Fox and the network confirmed this is a true story. It is not yet on snopes, but I believe it is true. Cross post to everyone you know. Thank you. Margaret *************************************************************** First of all.......I apologize if this is a hoax but I checked with snopes &

couldn't find anything, so I'm writing & calling and asking others to do the same.....in case it might actually be true. Hi All,Last night Barbara Henderson saw a promo for a new TV show on the Fox Channel called "Unhitched." They showed a scene where 2 boys put a rat into a microwave oven and turn it on. Then it shows their faces as they supposedly watch the rat being cooked. At they end, one of them says, "That was the longest 9 minutes of my life," and the other one says something like, "It looked like he was enjoying it for the first few minutes."Obviously we want to prevent this show from airing. I'm going to be contacting as many organizations as I can, such as HSUS, American Humane, etc. for their help, as well as newspapers, and even the FCC. I'm going to contact the Associated Press and tell them we are going to raise a big stink over this.I need your help. First, log on to http://www.fox. com/links/ and click to find your local Fox station, then call them on the phone and complain about this promo. You can also email Fox at askfox . Please

use polite language, but you can say things like "We're afraid this will encourage children to put small pets in the micowave" and "We are not going to sit by and let this air" and "A scene like this is totally unacceptable. "Please email me personally to let me know if you have any other ideas.Thanks.Debbie "The Rat Lady"UPDATE:I just finished talking with the CEO of our local Fox station, and hegave me a phone number for the Fox Viewer Comment line which connectswith an answering machine. He says they take calls to this numberseriously. It is not listed on their website. I think people can onlyget it if they call their local station to complain about something.The number is 310-369-3066. I have already left a

message there. Itold them I have the support of hundreds of other rat owners, so I'msure it would make a big impression if you all call and leave amessage.Remember, please use polite language, no swearing. Tell them thesceneis reprehensible, irresponsible, etc.Thanks.Debbie "The Rat Lady"UPDATE:I wanted to give you an update about what I have done and found outso far today. I just got a call back from Fox saying they got myphone call complaining about the promo and are passing my complainton up the chain to the powers that be. So it is true that they domonitor their Viewer Comments phone line quite closely, as I onlycalled about 2 hours ago.The new show, which is tentatively called "Unhitched", not "Unhinged"as I reported earlier, isn't scheduled to run until March 23. Thecontact who called me said that because of the writers strike that isa tentative date. So it's good that the

show is not scheduled tostart right away, but we sure don't want even the promo to be airedany more.I have also talked with the woman at American Humane who is theircontact with the TV industry, and she is working on it from her end,but she said that public response is very very important, so pleasebe sure to call the Fox Viewer Comment line at 310-369-3066 and leavea polite message.Please also post these messages to as many other groups as you can,and let all your friends know. The more calls they get, the moreseriously they will take us.Thanks all,Debbie "The Rat Lady"JanRatAttackTeam - for small animal accessories:http://www.RatAttac kTeam.zoomshare. com

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.