IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Your Message to

Rate this topic

Guest guest

In a message dated 1/30/2008 12:05:11 PM Eastern Standard Time, notify writes:

Thank you, Margaret for including Mr. Bittman's article in Digest #455. I had just purchased his cookbook at Costcos and while he isn't a vegetarian or Vegan he certainly is doing quite a bit to help the "mainstream public" change their hearts and minds about eating less meat and possibly going vegetarian.

As a side note, I think most of you know that I am a professor (mental health nursing) at Oakland University in S.E. Michigan. I am excited about seeing more and more offerings of meatless entrees in all venues, including hospital cafeterias. Case in point, I am teaching a clinical at Brighton Hospital which is a highly respected and notable Alcohol/Substance abuse recovery program. While going through the cafeteria line, the other day, I noticed sloppy joes was the entree du jour. So, I requested whatever vegetarian offering they had, thinking I was only going to get the potato chips. To my surprise and elation, I was told they had two types of sloppy joes...meat based and tofu based. I could barely contain myself. Yesterday, at the same hospital, the entree was ham and cheese melts. Once again, they also offered a meatless entree...a black bean burger. My friends I am seeing a wonderful trend in the Midwest where we "love" our meat as much as Texas (I lived in Houston for 25 years).

Also to further cheer your day up, my students watch what I eat and most of them also get the meatless lunch. During my lectures I am persistently teaching them about the link between animal abuse and emotional/behavioral issues.

Maybe I had too much Starbucks coffee today but, I wanted to share some positive and hopeful news with the group.

Marilyn Mouradjian

" Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. -Albert Schweitzer "

"Not until we extend the circle of compassion to include all living

things shall we ourselves know peace"

~Rev Dr. Albert Schweitzer

We're sorry. The reply message you sent to Daily

Digest was not delivered.

To ensure the best experience for our users, replies to the Daily

Digest are only supported through the " reply links " which immediately follow

each message in the fully featured version of the digest.

You can also reply to a message directly from the web by going to:

/messages

[Note: If you use the legacy, traditional digest format, you will need to reply

to a message by changing the email address of the reply to

.]

Meanwhile, if you're interested in starting a new message topic within your

group, just send an email directly to .

Thank you for your continued support of .

The Team

Thank you, Margaret for including Mr. Bittman's article in Digest #455. I had just purchased his cookbook at Costcos and while he isn't a vegetarian or Vegan he certainly is doing quite a bit to help the "mainstream public" change their hearts and minds about eating less meat and possibly going vegetarian.

As a side note, I think most of you know that I am a professor (mental health nursing) at Oakland University in S.E. Michigan. I am excited about seeing more and more offerings of meatless entrees in all venues, including hospital cafeterias. Case in point, I am teaching a clinical at Brighton Hospital which is a highly respected and notable Alcohol/Substance abuse recovery program. While going through the cafeteria line, the other day, I noticed sloppy joes was the entree du jour. So, I requested whatever vegetarian offering they had, thinking I was only going to get the potato chips. To my surprise and elation, I was told they had two types of sloppy joes...meat based and tofu based. I could barely contain myself. Yesterday, at the same hospital, the entree was ham and cheese melts. Once again, they also offered a meatless entree...a black bean burger. My friends I am seeing a wonderful trend in the Midwest where we "love" our meat as much as Texas (I lived in Houston for 25 years).

Also to further cheer your day up, my students watch what I eat and most of them also get the meatless lunch. During my lectures I am persistently teaching them about the link between animal abuse and emotional/behavioral issues.

Maybe I had too much Starbucks coffee today but, I wanted to share some positive and hopeful news with the group.

Marilyn Mouradjian

" Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. -Albert Schweitzer "