IndiaDivine.org

Success! - Fox will not televise rat being microwaved to death.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks to Lou Guyton, Regional Director of HSUS, for confirming that this horrendous promo will not be show again and the program will not be televised. See below excerpt from HSUS national office email. Our efforts to speak for animals paid off. Thanks to all who called and emailed FOX. We are stronger together! Now, I hope that FOX turned the film over to the proper authorities so that these young men will be prosecuted for their act of extreme cruelty. Margaret Vegetarian Network of Dallas ************************************************** Yes. I contacted one of the production companies and the publicist for the show week before last. I heard Thurs that the promo with the rat aired once, won’t air again, and the scene isn’t in any of the shows that will air. This info can be circulated. Thanks. Kathy Bauch The Humane Society of the United States Senior Director, Corporate Relations and Promotions Margaret Morin <dogs_good wrote: I left a message on the FOX comment line early this morning and during the day, FOX returned my call by leaving a message on my home phone. The person who called read an obviously prepared

statement which said the American Humane Association (AHA) approved the program. We have long known that AHA is a farce of an organization that regularly supports any range of animal abuse, so this means nothing. Please call and email FOX and politely urge FOX not to televise this Unhitched episode and stop running the promo immediately. Fox Email: askfoxFox Viewer Comment line 310-369-3066 Thanks very much.

Margaret*******************************"Unhitched" is tentatively scheduled to run March 23 and it will showthe rat torture unless we stop it from being aired. March 23 is atentative date because of the writers strike. The promo is being airednow. This is the information I have received from multiple sources.In addition to emailing, please also call the Fox Viewer Comment lineat 310-369-3066 and leave a polite, but clear message that we wantthis promo not to air again and program not to be televised.Please cross post. Margaret , Margaret Morin<dogs_good wrote:>> Please email Fox TV and politely, but emphatically

urge Fox not toair this commercial promotion again and not to televise the episode of"Unhitched." Fox Email: askfox> Apparently, a commercial promoting this upcoming program, in whicha rat in tortured to death by being microwaved by two boys, is beingaired. The commercial in itself will encourage copy cat crimes.>> The below email from the "rat lady" was published on the CVA Group and CVA and other groups have published emails from severalothers attesting to the fact that they contacted Fox and the networkconfirmed this is a true story. It is not yet on snopes, but Ibelieve it is true. Cross post to everyone you know.>> Thank you. Margaret>> ***************************************************************> First of all.......I apologize if this is a hoax but I checkedwith snopes & couldn't find anything, so I'm writing & calling andasking others to do the

same.....in case it might actually be true.>> Hi All,> Last night Barbara Henderson saw a promo for a new TV show on theFox Channel called "Unhitched." They showed a scene where 2 boys put arat into a microwave oven and turn it on. Then it shows their faces asthey supposedly watch the rat being cooked. At they end, one of themsays, "That was the longest 9 minutes of my life," and the other onesays something like, "It looked like he was enjoying it for the firstfew minutes.">> Obviously we want to prevent this show from airing. I'm going to becontacting as many organizations as I can, such as HSUS, AmericanHumane, etc. for their help, as well as newspapers, and even the FCC.I'm going to contact the Associated Press and tell them we are goingto raise a big stink over this.>> I need your help. First, log on to http://www.fox. com/links/ andclick to find

your local Fox station, then call them on the phone andcomplain about this promo. You can also email Fox at askfox .>> Please use polite language, but you can say things like "We'reafraid this will encourage children to put small pets in the micowave"and "We are not going to sit by and let this air" and "A scene likethis is totally unacceptable. ">> Please email me personally to let me know if you have any other ideas.> Thanks.> Debbie "The Rat Lady">> UPDATE:>> I just finished talking with the CEO of our local Fox station, and he> gave me a phone number for the Fox Viewer Comment line which connects> with an answering machine. He says they take calls to this number> seriously. It is not listed on their website. I think people can only> get it if they call their local station to complain about something.> The number is 310-369-3066. I have already

left a message there. I> told them I have the support of hundreds of other rat owners, so I'm> sure it would make a big impression if you all call and leave a> message.>> Remember, please use polite language, no swearing. Tell them the> scene> is reprehensible, irresponsible, etc.> Thanks.>> Debbie "The Rat Lady">> UPDATE:>> I wanted to give you an update about what I have done and found out> so far today. I just got a call back from Fox saying they got my> phone call complaining about the promo and are passing my complaint> on up the chain to the powers that be. So it is true that they do> monitor their Viewer Comments phone line quite closely, as I only> called about 2 hours ago.>> The new show, which is tentatively called "Unhitched", not "Unhinged"> as I reported earlier, isn't scheduled to run until March 23.

The> contact who called me said that because of the writers strike that is> a tentative date. So it's good that the show is not scheduled to> start right away, but we sure don't want even the promo to be aired> any more.>> I have also talked with the woman at American Humane who is their> contact with the TV industry, and she is working on it from her end,> but she said that public response is very very important, so please> be sure to call the Fox Viewer Comment line at 310-369-3066 and leave> a polite message.>> Please also post these messages to as many other groups as you can,> and let all your friends know. The more calls they get, the more> seriously they will take us.>> Thanks all,> Debbie "The Rat Lady">> Jan> RatAttackTeam - for small animal accessories:> http://www.RatAttac

kTeam.zoomshare. com Never miss a thing. Make your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now. Interested in taking action online to help animals? Then join our online community! Go to: https://community.hsus.org/humane/join

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.