IndiaDivine.org

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE SAFETY OF OUR CHILDREN

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sent off letter (below) today - look at response - Yay!!!

Dear Mrs. Blake,

Thank you for your email. I have attached a press release we issued in reference to the Westland Meat product alert. The safety of our students is of the utmost importance to all of us. We have taken the precautionary measure of removing all of Westland Meat products from our supply. If you have additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you,

Elaina Polsen

Public Information Director

Clear Creek Independent School District

281.284.0022 (direct line)

281.284.0020 (receptionist)

epolsen

>>> <Melgraj2 2/7/2008 10:04 AM >>>

Dear Sirs/Madam,

We were most alarmed to learn of this disturbing news this morning. After doing extensive research what is most disturbing is that this is not just confined to this particular slaughterhouse but to the animals on all factory farms. We believe it is our duty to make sure that our children are being fed healthy food and we think it is imperative that you consider the choices given to children in their cafeterias.

Please would you all view these important news alerts.

Thanking you,

Dr. & Mrs. D. Blake

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/30/undercover.slaughter.video/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22960260/HOUSTON - HISD is pulling about 8,000 cases of meat from its school cafeterias after the Texas Department of Agriculture put a hold on the meat from a processing center in California, KPRC Local 2 reported Friday. The hold follows hidden camera video released by the Humane Society of the United States. It shows ill cows being tortured at the plant, so the cows would stand up and appear healthy for slaughter. Federal regulations do not allow sick cows into the food supply. "I'm calling from HISD with important information," said a recorded message that went out to 115,000 parents in Houston. "You may have seen recent news reports about ground beef produced ?" That comforts parents, such as Allison Gibson, who got the message. She said, "I was talking to my boyfriend about it on the way from picking them back up from school. And they said they did some testing." HISD spokesman Terry Abbott said schools in 36 states are pulling the meat. He believes the meat made it to at least 260 HISD schools. Abbott said, "We're assuming, over the course of the last several months, it may have gotten to virtually every single one of them. And that's why we called every single parent." For now, HISD will hold the meat and wait for more guidance from the Texas Department of Agriculture. The president of the meat packing plant in California said the two employees shown in the video were fired. Their supervisor has also been suspended until he explains what happened.

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.