IndiaDivine.org

Veggie Love from Fatfree Vegan Kitchen (View Photos on VegNod Msg Board)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Fatfree Vegan Kitchen Fatfree Vegan Kitchen (Vegetable) Love is All Around Posted: 11 Feb 2008 04:56 PM CST I asked for it, and I got it: 23 of the most delectably enticing dishes

featuring vegetables. From asparagus to zucchini, these recipes prove that vegetables can be as romantic as chocolate truffles and champagne (though I'm not saying that your Valentine's dinner can't have all three!)All the wonderful entries are listed below in the order in which they were sent to me. These bloggers have worked hard to come up with new, creative recipes, so please visit their blogs to see the amazing dishes they've created. Then, once you've checked them all out, I hope you'll come back and vote for the one you would like to see win the contest. The one with the most votes will receive a copy of Nava Atlas' new cookbook, Vegan Express, which is currently #7 on Amazon's list of vegan cookbooks, even though won't be officially released until tomorrow.But wait! Everyone who votes will be entered into a random drawing to win another copy of Vegan Express. See the end of this post for details.Without further ado, our gorgeous entries:Curry Chickpea Crepes by LaMana at Culinary HealingVegan Molten Chocolate Cakes by Ricki at Diet, Dessert and DogsRaw Vegan Carrot Cake with Cashew Cheeze Frosting and Caramel Sauce by Lindsey at Day to Day VeganCocoa Eggplants With Chestnut Hearts by Valentina at Vegan KitchenVietnamese Rolls by Purplesque at Purplesque's VoxLemony

Leaves of Love by Alanna (who also entered last year) from A Veggie VentureHot Love Carrots by Wendy at Opera BuffoFirey Red Pepper and Arugula Pesto Cannelloni by Mel Bedggood at melbedggood.comSpaghetti with Caramelized Veggies in Creamy Red Wine Sauce by Anke at Vegan BountyStir-Fried Okra with Peanuts and Coconut (Bhindi Masala) by Mansi Desai from Food and FunAsparagus with Walnut Dressing by Lisa Feather at My Own Sweet Thyme"I love veggies so much, I'm having them for dessert" Torte by Theresa at Tropical VeganRoasted Asparagus with Fruity Rocket Salad by Russ at Carrots!Orange Vegetable Soup with Black Quinoa by Neta at vegan funCauliflower Couscous with Basil Leaves and Avocado by Coppe at Something About PenguinsVeggie Chili Love by Gail at Cooking at the Pacific OutpostRose and Chocolate Pizza by Sinead at Kitchen DancingYou Float My Boat Cucumber Boats by Diann at Eat'n Veg'nRoasted Beet & Citrus Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing by Rachel at Coconut & Lime"Sail Away in a zucchini boat with me.... The best is yet to be!" by Jennifer at VegesphereSquash and Beet Dal Soup by Liz at Food Snobbery is my HobberyRoasted Sweet Potatoes and Veggies with Orange Caramelized Tofu by

Mandy at Vegan SweetieTwo of Hearts Pasta: Citrus Fettucine with Roasted Artichoke Hearts and Hearts of Palm by Marni Molina from La Vegan LocaOnce you've visited all the sites and checked out all the entries, please return here to cast your vote in the poll below. While you're at it, drop me a comment letting me know you've voted, and I'll enter you into a random drawing for your own copy of Vegan Express!The poll and the comments will close at 6 pm Central time tomorrow night (Feb. 12.) Please, one entry per person. Anonymous posters please

include your initials or enough identifying information so that I can tell who the winner is. polls - Take Our Poll Thank you to everyone who entered. Everything looks so delicious that I'm glad that I'm not having to pick a winner!Tags: vegan recipes vegetarian cooking food fat-free Vegetable LoveSubscribe to Fatfree Vegan Kitchen Comments Feed Photos, original recipes, and text � Susan Voisin and Fatfree Vegan Recipes, 2006-7. All rights reserved. Fatfree Vegan Kitchen, c/o FeedBurner, 20 W Kinzie, 9th Floor, Chicago IL USA 60610

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.