IndiaDivine.org

VegFamily Magazine March 2008

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dr. KrackerWe are what we eat! And our food is the cornerstone of maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Kracker bakes whole grains, high fiber, Omega-3 fatty acids and important minerals and nutrients all in one delicious, organic flatbread! www.drkracker.com. VitamixThe new Vita-Mix 5200 is here! Performance, versatility, and superior grain-grinding. Get your No-Risk, In-Home 30 day trial. Featured ArticlesWeighty IssuesI love

animals. I do. But I love my rear end inside my pants, not flowing over. So why the weight gain? Aren't vegans supposed to be skinny? Raising Kids to be Vegan for Life How do I show him the meaning of veganism without scaring him or scarring him?No Milk? What About My Child's Bones? The most common question a vegan will hear once someone learns they don't feed their children milk: What about their bones?Go Vegan on the CheapA healthy staple that costs pennies, can be bought in bulk, fills you up, and delivers nutrients that every body needs. Give Your Children 5-A-Day: The Art Of Disguising Vegetables Try these ideas to get your kids to eat fruit and vegetables. Coming Soon!VegFamily Vegan Weight Loss ClubAre you trying to lose weight but need support, motivation, and a program to follow? Want diet plans, worksheets, journaling, success stories, and other weight loss tools? Sign up to receive pre-launch information about VegFamily's Vegan Weight Loss Club. VegTubeVegan Triple Chocolate CakeOh yumm! Hard to say what's more tempting—the cake or the chef! Mark Senn walks you through the entire preparation

of this gorgeous vegan cake. Watch it here! The Vegan ViewVegans and PetsThis month's question asks VegFamily readers: "Okay, I get the arguments in favor of being a vegan and animal rights and all that. But where do vegans stand on having pets? Considering many animals are naturally carnivorous, what do you feed your pets, particularly cats and dogs?" Featured RecipesBanana Blueberry SmoothieBlueberries are one of the most antioxidant-rich fruits available, making this a supercharged way to start your day. Orange Currant SconesA delicious addition to a breakfast meal or afternoon tea. Spring

Minestrone with Brown RiceI find myself making this delicious soup every week. Cauliflower Salad with Capers and OlivesThis colorful salad makes a great springtime dish to serve for lunch or as a first course for a fancy dinner. Shake and Bake TofuThese crispy tofu cutlets are a favorite in our home. Enlist your kids to help with the breading and shaking. If you have more than four

eaters, the recipe doubles easily, but be sure to use two baking sheets as well. Granola BarsThese are a great snack to keep on hand for your entire family. Feel free to substitute your favorite nuts and dried fruits. Got Recipes? Submit Them and You May Win!Do you have some tried and true vegan recipes to share from your personal collection? Submit them to us for VegFamily publication and you will be entered to win a copy of Erin Pavlina's "Vegan Family Favorites - Tasty and Satisfying Recipes Even Your Kids Will Love" or a

$30.00 Gift Certificate from Allison's Gourmet. The more recipes you submit, the greater your chances of winning! Deadline for recipe submissions is March 31, 2008. Submit your recipes today! The Whole Family Recipes for the Busy FamilyYou can serve a good, nutritious, non-takeout dinner on short notice. You just need to plan ahead. Ask the Dietician - Dina AronsonPregnant With Multiple AllergiesHow do I get my protein?Vegan Nutritional AdvisorCan I become licensed without studying a "regular" nutrition program?SteviaIs it a safe sweetener? Vegan Book Reviews Extraveganza: Original Recipes from Phoenix Organic Farm I love this book - everything from the clever name to the mouthwatering pictures to the liberal use of lavender—and did I mention that the recipes are delicious too? The Vegetarian Solution: Your Answer to Heart Disease,

Cancer, Global Warming, and MoreThis little treasure covers all the common reasons to consider leaving meat, eggs, and dairy products out of the diet—health, environment, animal welfare, and faith.V Cuisine: The Art of New Vegan CookingYou can tell by the chapter names, this is not a stuffy cookbook. And the recipes are fun and innovative. IVeganomiconMoskowitz and Romero have such a

side splitting writing style that even an ordinary event like boiling potatoes seems like a day of bungee jumping with your grandmother and her best buds. Vegan Products ReviewsWheeler's Black Label Vegan Ice Cream Have you ever had vanilla brownie ice cream? How about chocolate pretzel crunch? Cotton candy? Yeah, I didn't think so. The Vegan Society Interactive CD-ROM Review This is an incredibly comprehensive compilation of information and would be an asset to any vegan home, classroom or library collection. EarthTalkVegan Diet Better for the EnvironmentAre the claims true?Scented CandlesAre they better than chemical-laden air fresheners?Computers Is there a greener PC? Vegan NewsPenPointsPenelope points out the Farm Sanctuary's efforts to raise the consciousness of the American Veterinary Medical Association, bringing healthy food to our children's schools, Beyond

Pesticides, vegan supplements, and Herbs for Pets.Veg-Friendly Travel Just Got A Whole Lot Friendlier A new website offering travel packages specifically tailored to vegans and vegetarians.Largest Ever Meat Recall The U.S. Department of Agriculture ordered the recall of 143 million pounds of beef from a SoCal slaughterhouse that is the subject of an animal-abuse investigation. VegFamily ForumsCalling all VegFamily readers—come join us in discussion at VegFamily Forums! We're talking about things like Looking for a a holistic health doctor who also supports veganism, Any vegan kids in NC?, My vegan training course and Husband says "no" to homeschooling. Join us in the VegFamily Forums.Check out the VegFamily Shopping Guidefor some of the best vegan companies and products on the internet. You have received this email because you have directly d or you have registered at our forums and elected to receive our emails. You can opt out of this list - though we'd love for you to stay! - by clicking "Cancel Subscription" at the bottom of this email. [Change Subscription] [Cancel Subscription] Nichole in Little Elm, TX Your responsibility towards existence shows how much you have attained to your authentic reality. We cannot see your authentic reality but we can see your responsibility. ~Mahavira~ You're against cruelty to elephants in the circus... what do you think the rodeo is to horses and cattle? http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=2XCl2feM7gs & feature=related Looking for help with a VBAC? International Cesarean Awareness Network of North

Texas: http://health.icanofntx/

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.