IndiaDivine.org

Protest is Lawful and Our Right as Americans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Have you been approached by law enforcement and asked questions about AR? In the very unlikely event that should ever happen, they may try to convince you that it is in your best interest to speak to them, but do not believe it. NEVER talk to law enforcement under such circumstances without first consulting a lawyer. The National Lawyers Guild has established a hotline, 888-NLG-ECOL, for individuals arrested or subpoenaed for offenses related to environmental or animal activism. This is from http://www.midwestg reenscare. org/ Vegetarian Network of Dallas's Philosophy on this subject is this. Animal rights activism is protected speech under the US constitution. It is our right as Americans to peacefully speak out for animals in public

places. If we do not exercise our rights, it is the same as not having any. It is each individual's ethical and moral obligation to give voice to the voiceless. The animals have no one but us to speak for them. Animals have no way to help themselves. We must not let them down, as they suffer and die when we fail to act. But, do not be intimitated by this post or frightened into not speaking out by some million to one chance of a run-in with the police. I have never had a serious problem with the police for speaking for animals and I demonstrate and protest all the time. As a matter of fact, I am glad if the police arrive as they side with me and protect my right to leaflet on public property. I am proud of being an American

and of my rights under the law to speak freely. I invite you to join me in exercising your rights at the several upcoming educational animal advocacy demonstrations Vegetarian Network of Dallas will conduct or co-sponsor. Thanks to Carol W. for the information on The National Lawyer's Guild. Also, note that I published the NLG website earlier this week in relation to the AETA. Thank you. Margaret Founder, Vegetarian Network of Dallas www.VegNod.com

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Search.