IndiaDivine.org

Warning about potentially hazardous new flea/tick treatment - Promeris

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I received this third-hand from a friend who saw it posted on an animal-related list. I have no idea if it's credible or not but thought I should share it just in case. Please be very cautious and do your research if you decide to use this new product.

Thank you,

Holly

************************************************************************************

Forwarded with permission:This is a very important message to my family & friends who havedogs-cats--and to alert you to the hazard of using a new Flea & TickPreventative called ProMeris http://www.promeriscom/consumer/.This is a new product designed to be a more effective product than otherflea/tick treatments that was just released this year. It is availablethru a vet and not currently online. I got ProMeris this week for my 7 dogs (6 Huskies & 1 Golden-Airedale) , and the results weredebilitating for nearly all of them-including me. Since my incident thisweek, my vet has pulled it from distribution and alerted themanufacturer, Fort Dodge. Here are my results: Within less than 2 hours after applying, 4 of mydogs had vomited from 2-4 times, 3

were disoriented and stumbling, 1 wasdragging his back leg, 1 was salivating. I had very similar symptomslike an allergic reaction-my lips were swollen, eyes very red, mucousmembranes such as eyes, nose, and mouth were stinging. I was verydisoriented- dizzy equilibrium and not able to drive. To make this ashort story-all 7 of my dogs were admitted to the hospital forveterinarian care, and 3 of them remained for care, IV fluids andobservation for 24 hours. I was in the emergency room. I'm home now andso are the dogs. We're all feeling much better. Vet bills were over$2,500 and Fort Dodge is paying for these. Not only can the product causethis reaction, it has a highly noxious odor that permeated the house andis just starting to dissipate after 3 days.Your dogs/cats might not have the same reaction, but given myexperience-I wanted to help you all become well-educated about

theproduct.Kathryn L. LeinthallKalein T Welsh Terriers

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.