IndiaDivine.org

2 traveling activist need D/FW floor to sleep on 4/27 & 4/27. Details in email.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Two traveling activists are looking for a floor to sleep on for tonight and tomorrow night. I just now got their email and called them. References appear legitimate, but I can't check until tomorrow. I have emailed FARM and PETA and asked for reference check already. See below details.Anyone want to offer this woman and man a place to sleep for a couple of days? If so, please contact them at 215 806 7844. They are in town now at the Gray Hound Bus Station and need a place to stay tonight (4/27) and tomorrow night (4/28). I s/w Dezaray and she seems nice. Dezeray and Brian are getting back to me on exactly what date they'll be in Dallas. Thanks. Margaret Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:41:01 -0700

(PDT)"Better World Project" <projectbetterworld Re: Traveling Animal Rights/Human Rights ActivistsHi Margaret, I got your information from PETA. They know me. My name is Dezeray Rubinchik. I interned there and have been on tour with them three times. Ive been involved with animal rights activism for nearly 5 years now. We have come from Philly- I was with Hugs For Puppies for about three years. You can also ask FARM about me as well. I've organized for them and they named

me as FARM hero of the month a couple years ago. We are traveling the country and doing activism and volunteer work every where we go. You can call my family to confirm that Brian and I are on an animal rights tour and you can call his family as well. My familys phone number is 352-483-2239- Brians familys number is 215-537-0649. We are both vegan. We have nothing animal rights related planned for dallas, but we are teaching a small arts and crafts class at the Dallas Childrens Medical Center tomorrow morning and preparing vegan food packages for the Family Center- a domestic abuse shelter in Dallas. I am thirty and Brian is 24. We just want to help great organizations around the country that are making a difference. David from PETA told us that your group was the best way to go in dallas and that you are very active. If you would like us to leaflet, participate in demos, or do veg outreach, or table, please let us know. we are here to support you and show our love for the amazing grassroots work that you do. If we can help out then here is our number 215-806-7844. We were just looking for a place to sleep at so we wouldnt have to sleep on the benches at the greyhound station.. (its not too comfortable:) but its ok if there isnt anywhere to stay, we still would like to help out. Let me know if I can give you any other information. You can also google my name: Dezeray Rubinchik and you can see other stuff Ive been involved in. Thanks so much and hope to talk to you soon, For the animals, Dezeray P.S. you can see the first week of our tour on you tube at

Better World Project <projectbetterworld wrote: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:52:38 -0700 (PDT)Better World Project <projectbetterworldThe Project for a Better World (week 1 update) Better World Project Week One Update 04-14-08 through 04-20-08 Baton Rouge, Louisiana New Orleans, Louisiana To all who made this possible…

Hello everyone, in the beginning of this project, we expected to be able to send bi-weekly updates to keep everyone abreast of the progress of The Better World Project as we travel from city to city bringing food, relief and comfort to those in need. But as we quickly realized, there is so much work to be done in each city, bringing us to the conclusion that weekly updates would be best. So… whether you gave 1 dollar or 100, here is what your kindness has enabled us to do: Baton Rouge, Louisiana: We jumped off the bus and hit the ground running. After learning that the Baton Rouge Volunteer Drop-In Center was in need of food packages, we jumped into action. At the Capitol Grocery Store, where we were met by Mike, the manager. After explaining our mission and intention, we went about the task of gathering food for the packs. Not only did Mike give us a discount on every single item we bought, but he then reached into his own pocket and gave a 20 dollar donation to the cause. Please visit this great store if you are ever in town and tell Mike that we sent you! Surrounded by meadows, ants and birds, we made two bags full of food packs (containing peanut butter and crackers, sugar wafers, and prunes all vegan, and enough to feed 34 people) and were off to the Center to deliver them. Before we caught our bus, we took some pro-peace action and community outreach against the war in

Iraq. New Orleans, Louisiana: A 4:30am bus brought us to the most devastated area of New Orleans, the Lower Ninth Ward. During Hurricane Katrina, a barge crashed into the levees, flooding the entire area with eighteen feet of toxic flood water for three weeks.

We arrived at Common Ground, an organization who has been involved in rebuilding efforts since just weeks after the storm. Five days in the Lower Ninth Ward found us volunteering in a community beautification garden, assisting home owners with rebuilding efforts, helping to sustain the community of volunteers with cooking assistance and working with Common Ground volunteers on a variety of other tasks. This organization is amazing and wholly dedicated to giving residents their neighborhoods and community back. On our last day in this beautiful and spirited city, we prepared 100 food packages(containing 2 burrito’s of refried beans and onions, tortilla chips, and ginger snaps, again, all vegan) for folks living under a highway in an area called Tent City, (a community of

those without homes, living in tents and being criminalized by a city they helped to build). One of the cooks at Common Ground made us a fresh cooler full of homemade sweet tea. As we pulled up to tent city and walked over with the bags of food in hand, as well as the cooler and cups, lines started forming instantly. There were many people there, all hungry for food and love, and we were happy to be able to give them both (some even two food packs). The whole time there we were constantly reminded of how much the people there appreciated what we were doing, and how deep the devastation is, even almost 3 years later. After tent city, we went to a local forum for awareness called “Zeitgeist”. There we listened to a talk, given by two women, about the militarization of NAFTA. After supporting them in their fight with a donation, we headed to the Greyhound Station, fed these bodies of ours, and got on our bus westward. We ride out our day, on a rumbling bus, staring with tired eyes at the sunset sky, grateful for the day, and anticipating tomorrow. -------- Just to give an idea of how much all of you truly helped us, when we were in New Orleans and bought the food for the packed lunches, it totaled out to around 45 dollars. So, if you gave one dollar, you helped feed 2 people. So again, thank you all, for everything.

Our next stop is Dallas, Texas and then Phoenix, Arizona. But That’s next week. We’ll be in touch. Thank you all again. Peace.

“There is a destiny that makes us brothers, no one goes his way alone; all that we send into the lives of others, comes back into our own.” -- Edwin Markham P.S. To see our first week of our tour on YouTube go to

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Mobile. Try it now.