IndiaDivine.org

Protest Kangaroo Cull

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All,

I want to share an interesting tidbit on the kangaroo "culling" topic. My husband called me from Australia two days ago (he does a fair amount of international travel) He was visiting a national park in which people were encouraged to buy a protein mix (seeds, grains, etc.) to feed the domesticated kangaroos in the park. He said the kangaroos were so friendly that they would eat right out of your hand.

My point to this story. Please tell the Australian government they can't have it both ways. They are making, I assume, huge amounts of tourism dollars off of our love affair with the kangaroos. But the majority of Australians, I have been told, see the kangaroos as pests similar to the way many Americans view the "overpopulation" of our wild deer and justify hunting them.

I am writing to the Australian government in protest. One final note. My husband shared that he was told most wild kangaroos hide very well from humans....let's hope they continue not to trust us and be wary of our selfish and lethal attitudes.

For the animals,

Marilyn M

"Not until we extend the circle of compassion to include all living

things shall we ourselves know peace"

~Rev Dr. Albert Schweitzer