IndiaDivine.org

Happy World Vegetarian Week-2 Vegan books among top 10 best sellers in the nation right now!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Last week was World Vegetarian Week, the first ever, and we got the concept started off right. In addition to demonstrations all over the world and interviews with journalists and lots of other great stuff, my “Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Vegetarian Diet” was picked up by all three of the most popular progressive news sites in the U.S. (Alternet, CommonDreams, and HuffingtonPost), and was run by one of the top two papers in the UK (the Times) as though it’s their own (which I absolutely love!) The list was the third most popular post for the entire week on the Alternet and was the second most

emailed and fourth most discussed. But much more exciting, and the reason I’m writing, is that two books that advocate veganism got a huge boost this week: Kathy Freston, author of Quantum Wellness (a book about living well, which has as one of the eight elements, conscious vegan eating), was on Oprah, and Oprah is trying a 21-day ‘cleanse,’ which includes a vegan diet. The news of Oprah trying veganism has been huge, as you can imagine, and the next

day, the book shot to number one on Amazon and number two on BarnesandNoble.com, and then promptly sold out. It’s a superb book—I can’t recommend it highly enough, and you can pre-order it from Amazon or pick it up at your local bookseller. It’s about a lot more than veganism, though the vegan section is just excellent. Kathy will be on Ellen on Wednesday, and Ellen said of her book: “Kathy Freston’s incredible new book, ‘Quantum Wellness: A Practical Guide to Health and Happiness.’ I can't tell you how much it's changed my life for the better. I had to have Kathy on our show to share with all of you her simple yet incredible methods of getting happier and healthier!” Finally and also very exciting, Rory Freedman, author of vegan bestseller Skinny Bitch was on Ellen this week, and Ellen raved about her book and put all kinds of links all over her home page—so now the book is back on the top 10 on Amazon. Yes, that’s right—we have two vegan books selling among the top few books in the nation right now! Any day now, every week is going to be “World Vegetarian Week.” If you do read Kathy’s book, please post a 5-star review on both Amazon and BarnesandNoble.com, and please don’t mention the vegan component (that’s already

there); just talk about what a great gift it is, what a great book it is, how much it helped you, etc. Thanks very much. Happy Memorial Day! Bruce Friedrich Vice President, International Grassroots Campaigns Take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. –Elie Wiesel * Please watch, download, and

distribute this free and uncopyrighted video. * Please support our work.