IndiaDivine.org

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Vegetarian Network of Dallas thanks everyone who attended our June 7th Pot Luck! It was clear that all enjoyed the good company, delicious and plentiful vegan dishes, scrumptious corn roast, and a lovely leaving! It was also my birthday (I was 39 again), so I was pleased to have celebrated it with so many wonderful animal advocates.My deepest appreciation to Elaine Munch, President of Metroplex Animal Coalition, for attending so that she could explain why it is essential to the future well-bring and quality of life of companion

animals that we pass the proposed City of Dallas animal ordinances. Whether you joined us on June 7th or not, please take the easy and effective actions Elaine asked, which are . . . 1. Call, email or write to the Mayor and other Council Members (a polite phone call is most effective) supporting the new ordinances (see the Tab labeled "City Council" for contact

details).

http://dallasanimaladvocates.wordpress.com/speak-out/ 2. Sign our petition and send an email to your friends, family and co-workers

asking

them to also weigh in with their support for the ordinances by June 14. The

petition (with your comments and signatures) will be given to the mayor

and each council person with a packet of information before a briefing

on June 18. Sign our petition and get all the facts about the ordinances at the Dallas Animal Advocates* (DAA) website at: http://www.dallasanimaladvocates.org Other important actions that you, your friends, family and co-workers can take, as outlined at Dallas Animal Advocates,

are: • Write a letter to

the Editor of the Dallas Morning News to express outrage at the

existing situation and calling for change (see the website tab labeled

"Letters" for additional information). • Speak at City Council meetings to really get your viewpoint across. (see the website tab labeled "Speak Out” for details). • Visit our Dallas Animal Advocates blog – leave comments or forward on to a friend; link to it from your blog or website. Please take these steps before the Dallas City Council hearing on June 18 and repeat Step #2 again before their vote on 6/25. For more information contact: dallasanimaladvocates