IndiaDivine.org

Jenny's Situation Worsens

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Tragically, the Dallas Zoo announced today that it intends to transfer Jenny, the desperately lonely elephant, to a Safari Zoo in Mexico where she will have even fewer safeguards to protect her than she has in her current situation. Two cutting edge, world class elephant sanctuaries in the USA have offered to take Jenny at no cost to the City of Dallas. But, the Zoo refused to consider a sanctuary, completely ignoring that the citizens of Dallas actually own Jenny, not the Zoo. I have been meeting with Dallas city officials and working on this continually since early this morning (and for a couple of months before that), and I am exhausted tonight. I will publish more information tomorrow. We must not give up. We will need every single person who cares about Jenny to speak up for Jenny, if

we are to help her. This will be our last chance to save her. Watch for updates from me and Concerned Citizens for Jenny as to what you can do. In the interim, please keep Jenny in your thoughts and prayers. Margaret MorinChair, Concerned Citizens for Jenny