IndiaDivine.org

I rec'd this email about Jenny-- Concern for Jenny the Elephant and other zoo animal's lack of space and social care

Rate this topic

Guest guest

See the below unsolicited email sent to me from a Dallas citizen, whom I have never met (cross posted with her permission). This is the tenure of the communication I'm now receiving about Jenny, who is in obvious distress at the Dallas Zoo. We know from video shot mid-August that she is repetitively swaying, a sign of stress in elephants.Redouble your efforts on her behalf, please. Contact the Dallas Mayor and the City Council right away and often. Urge them to retire Jenny to The Elephant Sanctuary. Don't stop until they do the right thing. Contact info on updated CCFJ webpage: www.concernedcitizensforjenny.netEach and every one of us must speak for Jenny now. She is languishing her life away in a tiny cage at the Zoo. Take action now. For Jenny's sake. Cross Post Okay. Margaret MorinFounder, Concerned

Citizens for Jenny--- On Sat, 8/30/08, Tiffany wrote:Tiffany Fw: Concern for Jenny the Elephant and other zoo animal's lack of space and social caredogs_good, Saturday, August 30, 2008, 9:06 PMhello, I just wrote this letter to the zoo and a note to Angela Hunt. Please let me know the best way to help Jenny right now. I was mortified today when I saw her living space. Maybe a bit emotional but we were really disturbed

today.....thanks,tiffany--- On Sat, 8/30/08, Tiffany wrote:Tiffany Concern for Jenny the Elephant and other zoo animal's lack of space and social careinfoDate: Saturday, August 30, 2008, 8:56 PMHello,I'm writing because my boyfriend and I visited the Dallas Zoo today. We were looking forward to the trip but left utterly depressed. It was like seeing human beings kept in an elevator space for the remainder of their life. We were horrified by the lack

of space and dismal conditions for so many of the animals. Jenny the Elephant was among the best examples of this. Her confines are atrociously small for such a large and sensitive animal. We saw animal after animal in this condition. A lama like animal was standing in it's water pool (only a few feet by a few feet) and would not move. It was obviously incredibly hot and miserable. Lacking options, it just stood there as it's only option. Animal after animal, lacked space and adequate confines to be content in any capacity. I was just completely devastated. I went hoping for

a positive experience and left committed to help the Concerned Citizens for Jenny, to try to get her to Tennessee. I was embarrassed for Dallas today. I was embarrassed to be a Dallas resident.Jenny is in obvious pain. She was butting her head into the wires of her horribly, inexcusably small space during our visit. She's unhappy. She deserves better. I can not imagine how the Dallas Zoo or the city of Dallas has justified this horrible treatment of such a beautiful animal. And an animal who has already been traumatized enough.The Dallas Zoo should release all of their inadequately housed animals immediately. There's no other excuse or option. The Zoo would make a wonderful park. It's nicely designed and has very attractive greenery. It's painfully inadequate spaces for animals though, are

a complete embarrassment to the city of Dallas and all of

it's residents. This zoo is only a trauma

storage for animals, not any kind of sanctuary. I will be collecting the contacts for city council and sending this to them as well. In sadness for your animals, Tiffany