IndiaDivine.org

Denver's change of heart? Pls WATCH Forrest's tearful goodbye just cause pit bul

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please read how Roverlution is making Denver pay for breed discrimination - please pass on!!

The Dirty Deal with Denver

Dear Melanie,

Forrest is living the good life with his foster family in St. Louis, MO. But did you know that Chris was forced to sign over his beloved Forrest in order to save his life? The stakes were just too high to pursue his legal battle with the Denver Dictators. If he lost his court case, Denver would kill his dog. So, he cut a deal with the Denver Dictators to save Forrest's life. He said a tearful goodbye last Friday at the Denver Shelter. CBS channel 4 in Denver covered the final goodbye. Watch the heartbreaking video here: http://cbs4denver.com/pets/Pit.Bull.Denver.2.807263.html

Denver Cannot Afford Another Forrest Screw Up!

Man Fights To Save Pit Bull, Denver Changes Policy Reporting

Shaun Boyd DENVER (AP) Animal lovers around the world rallied for the release of a pit bull from Commerce City. Now Forrest is free thanks to their efforts and his owner's fight sparked a change in city policy."A lot of people don't think dogs are like kids but this is my son," Chris McGahey said.Forrest is a 2-year-old pooch McGahey raised from a pup. His only fault is he loves to run, according to McGahey. Last month Forrest escaped from their home in Commerce City and was picked up by animal control in Denver where officers decided he looked like a pit bull -- a breed banned there. They decided Forrest would be euthanized."It hurts. It hurts real bad especially when I'm innocent," McGahey said. "I didn't live in Denver." Doug Kelley, Director of Animal Control, says it's the second time Forrest ended up in Denver."I fought as hard as I could," McGahey said. "I've been here every day and brought him treats and showed these people I love my boy."McGahey's fight to save Forrest's life would take on a life of its own. Animal lovers from around the world took up the cause and even the Mayor's Office got involved negotiating a compromise. Forrest will live, but in another state. A shelter in Missouri agreed to find him a new home. "What came out we think is a win/win for everybody," Kelley said."I hope just one day this ban will be dropped and they won't be able to discriminate against one kind of breed. It's not right," McGahey said.Under its new policy, Denver Animal Control says all non-violent pit bulls, like Forrest, will be candidates for placement at an out-of-state shelter.

How We Will Make Denver Pay!

Sent from a Rover during Mission Save Forrest:

Hit 'em in the purse. Today I sent this to all Denver government officials listed as relevant to the issue. I will continue to email every day until Forrest is free. You have inspired me. I've convinced my fellow ski club members, all 15, that we should not go to Colorado to ski this year. How did I do that? Three have American Pit Bull Terriers, four have GSD's, one has a Rot and two have Dobies. The typical knee-jerk reaction from politicians enacting BSL and the treatment of Forrest did it. Let's see,, 15 men with their spouse's, that's 30 plus the 18 kids.. for a solid 5 days of skiing. That come to a total of quite a few thousand dollars. "Cha-Ching". BSL does NOT protect communities from dog attacks. Why does your administration insist on punishing responsible pet owners for the irresponsibilities of a minority of owners? You've taken the easy way out...Kill 'em all. Shame on you. Wait till I tell my Church group what's going on. I wonder how many members have large breed family pets and vacation in your state? We will pray for you and most especially Forrest. Respectfully, Danny in Atlanta, Georgia Thanks for the inspiration Danny!

Kiss Off Denver

Time for our next Mission: Never in Denver Boycott!

Sign this petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/spend-no-dollars-in-denver-colorado

Help us WAKE-UP Denver with 10,000 petition signatures. Blast this to every living dog owner--General's orders!

You Rovers are the BEST!!!

General Packleader

www.roverlution.org

How We Will Make Denver Pay!

Sent from a Rover during Mission Save Forrest:

Hit 'em in the purse. Today I sent this to all Denver government officials listed as relevant to the issue. I will continue to email every day until Forrest is free. You have inspired me. I've convinced my fellow ski club members, all 15, that we should not go to Colorado to ski this year. How did I do that? Three have American Pit Bull Terriers, four have GSD's, one has a Rot and two have Dobies. The typical knee-jerk reaction from politicians enacting BSL and the treatment of Forrest did it. Let's see,, 15 men with their spouse's, that's 30 plus the 18 kids.. for a solid 5 days of skiing. That come to a total of quite a few thousand dollars. "Cha-Ching". BSL does NOT protect communities from dog attacks. Why does your administration insist on punishing responsible pet owners for the irresponsibilities of a minority of owners? You've taken the easy way out...Kill 'em all. Shame on you. Wait till I tell my Church group what's going on. I wonder how many members have large breed family pets and vacation in your state? We will pray for you and most especially Forrest. Respectfully, Danny in Atlanta, Georgia Thanks for the inspiration Danny!

Kiss Off Denver

Time for our next Mission: Never in Denver Boycott!

Sign this petition:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/spend-no-dollars-in-denver-colorado

Help us WAKE-UP Denver with 10,000 petition signatures. Blast this to every living dog owner--General's orders!

You Rovers are the BEST!!!

General Packleader

www.roverlution.org

Forward email

This email was sent to melgraj2 by generalpl.

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnâ„¢ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

ROVERlution | 330 N Brea Blvd | Suite F | Brea | CA | 92821Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.