IndiaDivine.org

Born Free USA asks Obama to push animal protection legislation

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Look what Barack Obama says about Born Free

Look what Barack Obama says about Born Free ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: What was the first film you remember seeing as a kid?

BARACK OBAMA: I don't remember the first movie, but I can tell you that one of the first was Born Free. I remember that movie having an impact on me. I think I may have teared up at the end when they release [the lioness] Elsa. I couldn't have been more than 4 or 5, but I remember choking up on that.

Full Article: <http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20217406,00.html>

Virginia McKenna, who portrayed Joy Adamson in the film and is the mother of our CEO, Will Travers, has written to Senator Obama urging him to do everything in his power to ensure that wild animals and wild places are protected. "We need a kinder world filled with thoughtful people," Ms. McKenna wrote. "We need to redouble our efforts to assist the billions of people in need and also the animals with whom we share the planet."

Ms. McKenna concluded by asking Senator Obama to use his remaining days in the Senate this year to move important legislation supported by Born Free USA united with API, such as the Captive Primate Safety Act, through the Senate. You can weigh in as well! Please take a moment to urge Senator Obama to use his strong position as the leader of the Majority Party to do what he can to ensure passage of the Captive Primate Safety Act and other animal protection and wildlife conservation legislation before this Congress comes to and end. Urge him to make animal welfare a priority in his platform and, if elected, in his Administration. Send your comment to Senator Obama:

Senator Barack Obama 713 Hart Senate Office Building Washington, D.C. 20510 (202) 224-2854 fax (202) 228-4260 (202 228-1404 TDD Web Form: <http://obama.senate.gov/contact/index.php> Select Animal Welfare from the drop-down issue menu.

John C. Kluczynski Federal Office Building 230 South Dearborn St. Suite 3900 (39th floor) Chicago, Illinois 60604 (312) 886-3506 fax (312) 886-3514 Toll free: (866) 445-2520 (for IL residents only)

Checked by AVG.

Version: 7.5.524 / Virus Database: 270.6.16/1652 - Release 9/4/2008 6:54 PM