IndiaDivine.org

Jenny on NPR on the Diane Rehm Show-Pls Thank NPR

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please thank Diane Rehm show for this program and Jenny comment. Email Ms. Rehm at drshow . Thanks. Margaret--- On Fri, 10/3/08, Trudy Hess wrote:

Hi Margaret,

On Thurseday during the 2nd hour of the Diane Rehm show there was an interiew with a woman who wrote a book about an elephant in a zoo and the relationship with her caretaker. She discussed the various problems with keeping elephants in zoos, she mentioned the Tennessee sanctuary, and at the very end of the program she talked about Jenny, about how the zoo was going to send her to Africam and why that was a bad idea, and that people in Dallas had gotten upset about it. I couldn't believe it.

If you would like to hear the program you can go to this site and listen to it for free.

http://wamu.org/programs/dr/08/10/02.php#21982

Even though the part about Jenny is at the very end of the show, it is truly worth hearing the whole show, because of he way she talks about the intelligence of animals and how important it is to treat them right. I was so thrilled to hear this program. I think you will enjoy it, and you may want to pass on the info to others in our group.

Trudy