IndiaDivine.org

City Council Cancelled 10/29/08

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To Jenny Supporters Who Regularly Attend City Council,

I am so embarassed. I sincerely apologize for not sending an email advising that Dallas City Council was not holding a meeting today, October 29. I only just found out myself a few days ago and I have been so slammed at work and with Jenny related business that it completely slipped my mind. I have not even been able to check my home emails in many days. My oversight came forcefully to mind when a friend wisely telephoned me at work.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for to those who went to City Council expecting a meeting. You are stalwart Jenny advocates and you are heros in my book.

City Council reconvenes next Wednesday, November 8. I will send an email on this in advance of that meeting. I hope everyone will make the effort to attend for Jenny, who still needs us.

When Lily Tomlin was here, although the Zoo staff tried to distract Jenny with food treats and "enrichment," i.e. a couple of tree branches, after a short time, Jenny went over to stand in the corner farthest from viewer and began swaying. Poor miserable Jenny does this for hours at a time and it is a sign of great stress in elephants.

Please continue to support Jenny by telephoning and emailing the mayor, city manager, city council, and parks and recreation director. LTE will help also.

Reminder: Jenny has an article in November's issue of Texas Monthly. Not everything in the article is 100% accurate, but I have come to realize that it is difficult for the media to get things completely right. Skip Hollingsworth, who wrote the Texas Monthly article, is a wonderful person and he tried hard to understand and accurately report on this complex situation. Mr. Hollingsworth has my admiration and gratitude for his efforts.

As do all the Jenny supporters who continue to advocate for her. Jenny has no one but you and me.

Thank you.

Margaret

www.concernedcitizensforjenny.net