IndiaDivine.org

Reminder: Leaflet at Dallas Circus Saturday, 8/8/09

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

VEGETARIAN NETWORK OF DALLAS is hosting an educational leafleting to educate the D/FW public about the abuse of circus animals on Saturday, August 8. Circus animals are among the most abused animals on Earth and many people do not know this (see the recent video of Ringling thugs beating defenseless elephants and tigers in the face). Many circus goers don't realize that animals incarcerated by the circus are not trained; they are tortured and terrorized into performing.

Once we politely inform passersby by peacefully distributing leaflets, many who intended to go to the circus turn around and go home!

PLEASE JOIN US!! We need all animal advocates to participate to spread awareness so that people will not purchase tickets. In this way, we can stop the suffering of these innocent, imprisoned beings!!

Educational pamphlets and DVD for free distribution will be provided -- all we need is you!

What: Leaflet at the Ringling Bros. Circus in Dallas

When: Leaflet on Saturday, August 8 at 6 PM (Circus performances begin at 7:30pm, but the crowd starts arriving at 6). Meet on the East side of AA Center.

Where: American Airlines Center, 2500 Victory Ave, Dallas, TX 75219

Why: Animals exist for their own purposes, and they should not be abused for human amusement and circus profit!!

Look for me near the AA building's East entrance near the ticket line between 6 PM and 6:15 PM. If you don't know me, I'm 5'5", 128 lbs, dark blonde (or light brown). I'll be wearing either a purple sleeveless summer dress or kaki shorts and handing out leaflets as fast as I'm able.

We will primarily leaflet on the East and North side of AA Center. Watch for people leafleting amongst the crowd. Look around as we will be there. Last week, I heard that some people left as they said they didn't see us, but we were there. So, please look around. Please see http://www.circuses.com/ for more

information.

If you need more details, feel free to contact Margaret for more details prior to the evening of the leafleting events at: dogs_good Free

Parking: There is some free parking on the little side streets around the AA building. Plan ahead and get there by 5:40 to allow time to park and walk.

If you get lost, call Margaret's cell - 972 571 9603 (NOTE: I only turn on my cell immediately before a demonstrations and at no other time). Map of the area:http://www.american airlinescenter. com/gfx/MEDIA/ victory_park_ map_1.pdfOKAY to Cross Post.

Margaret,

Founder of

Vegetarian Network of Dallas, a D/FW animal advocacy organization

/