IndiaDivine.org

Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act Questionairre

Rate this topic

Guest guest

If you wish to compete the survey (below), please reply to Carney Anne Chester directly at carneyanne03 . Carney Anne is a good friend of mine and an attorney, who is very trustworth. Thank you. Margaret Morin, Founder, Concerned Citizens for Jenny and Vegetarian Network of Dallas--- On Wed, 9/9/09, Carney Anne Chester <carneyanne03 wrote:

Hi friends, I hope all's well with you! I've since moved back to New Orleans, which needs a TON of help in the animal advocacy world. I am also doing some lobbying work for an organization called the Equal Justice Alliance, a coalition of animal and civil rights groups seeking the repeal of the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act.

I will be teaching about the chilling effect that this law has on lawful free speech activities in a course on animal law that I will be co-teaching next spring at Tulane Law School and would love to have some real world examples to support my contention. If you or any other activists you know would be interested in answering the below questionnaire, it would be hugely helpful for the impact of the class as well as my communications with federal legislators. There are a few legislators who have already expressed some interest in co-sponsoring a bill to repeal AETA (Lieberman and Kucinich so far), but our group is trying to garner as much support as possible.

Thanks so much for your time -- I hope all's well in Big D!! The questionnaire is below -- please feel free to forward it to other activists who might be interested in participating. I am happy to keep all communications anonymous - I'm merely trying to gauge how severely AETA has impacted lawful protests and other free speech activites by animal activists. Thanks in advance for your time. Best, Carney Anne

Equal Justice Alliance is conducting a survey to determine if and how the Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act (AETA) has affected your activities. Here is a quick survey. Let us know what you think.

1. Do you know about AETA?

2. Because of AETA:

a. Have you cancelled any demonstrations?

b. Have you changed any demonstration plans?

c. Has your organization experienced decreased membership?

d. Have your members decreased their participation in demonstrations?

e. Has your organization experienced decreased membership contributions?

f. Have you cancelled any publications?

g. Have you altered or edited any publications?

3. Has AETA affected whether you respond to email alerts?

If you answer yes to any of the questions under #2 or #3, please provide specific examples, if possible.

Please also include any other relevant information.

-- Carney Anne Chester, JD(504)274-9381 ©

carneyanne03