IndiaDivine.org

Shelter Closing: 200 Dogs (120+ PB) to be Euthanized 10/31/09. Cross Post Please

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Camp Wolfgang, a reputable Gernan Shepherd Rescue in Ennis, Texas, is closing down because of family issues on October 31, 2009. I received this notice from a 3rd party email, so I called Camp Wolfgang and confirmed that it is indeed sadly true. Camp Wolfgang gave me (and others) permission to cross post.

Camp Wolfgang (CW) has nearly 200 adoptable dogs, who are healthy, friendly, vetted, spayed/neutered, micro-chipped, and well cared for. Many have had training. All dogs must be placed prior to October 31. CW told me that they don't want to euthanize dogs who remain after October 31, but it appears this will be their only option.

CW is asking rescue organizations to take any dogs whom they can. They are asking individuals to adopt or foster. Camp Wolfgang does not want donations. They want only to place these dogs. Adoption fee is $75.00. Dogs are FREE to verifiable rescue groups. Current dogs: (approximate) 120 PB German Shepherds

2 Akitas 1 Anatolian/Great Pyrenenes

4 Purebred Rottweiler 1 Great Dane/Lab 1 Boxer/Mastiff 1 St. Bernard/Akita 1 Wolf Dog (We know there is actually no such thing as a wolf dog)45 Other mixed breeds Dogs are available for viewing. Time is of the essence! If you know anyone who can adopt, accept a dog into their rescue, or help in any way, call or email Neisha Livengood,

CONTACT INFORMATION:

Neisha Livengood, Kennel Master at Camp Wolfgang. windigo1966 wally campwolfgang telephone: 214-755-1627 Camp Wolfgang 6234 FM

879 Ennis, Texas 75119 www.campwolfgang.petfinder.com

Thanks to everyone for anything you may be able to do to help these dogs.

Whether or not you can take a dog...Please Cross Post Widely.

Thank you.

Margaret Morin, CCFJ