IndiaDivine.org

NPR's The Splendid Table encouraged caller to serve vegans food w/ animal products without telling them

Rate this topic

Guest guest

On today's NPR program, The Slendid Table, Ms. Casper's guest chef encouraged a

caller to make a dessert with gelatin even though her adult children were vegan,

as " they will never know. "

As a member of NPR, I just wrote to KERA and advised that if Ms. Casper's

program " The Slendid Table " is kept on the air, I will not renew my KERA

membership.

I take issue with this as a vegan and I take issue with this as an ethical

person.

If you feel inclined to write " The Splendid Table " and KERA as well, please

do.   

Thank you.  Margaret Morin, Vegetarian Network of Dallas

Contact The Splendid Table Program at: NPR.org/splendid_table

Contact KERA at: http://www.kera.org/about/contact/

If you elect to write, I am sure you will realize the advisability of using your

own words, but here is my post.

" I am a KERA-Dallas member. Immediately after I finish writing to you, I am

going to write KERA and ask that NPR program " The Splendid Table " be dropped or

I will not renew my membership. I was shocked and offended by the highly

unethical remarks made on today's TST when a caller asking for food preparation

advice was encouraged to put animal products in her Thanksgiving dinner

(proportedly) vegan dishes and to just lie about it to her adult vegan

children.  It is beside the point that every scientific journal article I have

ever read concludes that ingestion of meat and animal products clogs one's

arteries and contributes to many chronic illnesses.  My offense is directed

toward a person who would encourage breaking faith and lying to one's adult

children (and by default, encourage the same behavior in your other listeners)

about the content of food simply because it is one's personal preference to eat

animals.  This is beyond the pale, Ms. Casper.

I lost all respect for you today (you are responsible for your selection of

guest chefs and therefore, their remarks).  I will withdraw my financial support

of KERA as as long as they keep you on the air. "

Oh Margaret I am wholeheartedly with you! I will write also!!Sent from my iPhoneOn Nov 26, 2009, at 5:40 PM, Margaret Morin <dogs_good wrote:

On today's NPR program, The Slendid Table, Ms. Casper's guest chef encouraged a caller to make a dessert with gelatin even though her adult children were vegan, as "they will never know."

As a member of NPR, I just wrote to KERA and advised that if Ms. Casper's program "The Slendid Table" is kept on the air, I will not renew my KERA membership.

I take issue with this as a vegan and I take issue with this as an ethical person.

If you feel inclined to write "The Splendid Table" and KERA as well, please do.

Thank you. Margaret Morin, Vegetarian Network of Dallas

Contact The Splendid Table Program at: NPR.org/splendid_table

Contact KERA at: http://www.kera.org/about/contact/

If you elect to write, I am sure you will realize the advisability of using your own words, but here is my post.

"I am a KERA-Dallas member. Immediately after I finish writing to you, I am going to write KERA and ask that NPR program "The Splendid Table" be dropped or I will not renew my membership. I was shocked and offended by the highly unethical remarks made on today's TST when a caller asking for food preparation advice was encouraged to put animal products in her Thanksgiving dinner (proportedly) vegan dishes and to just lie about it to her adult vegan children. It is beside the point that every scientific journal article I have ever read concludes that ingestion of meat and animal products clogs one's arteries and contributes to many chronic illnesses. My offense is directed toward a person who would encourage breaking faith and lying to one's adult children (and by default, encourage the same behavior in your other listeners) about the content of food simply because it is one's personal preference to eat animals. This is beyond the

pale, Ms. Casper.

I lost all respect for you today (you are responsible for your selection of guest chefs and therefore, their remarks). I will withdraw my financial support of KERA as as long as they keep you on the air."

That was so wrong for that guest chef to make that suggestion. I wonder how he/she would feel if someone replaced his steer roast with cocker spaniel?

Here is a link to go to their website and complain directly to the splendid table folks

The Splendid Table Podcast

American Public Media's The Splendid Table is public radio's culinary, culture, ... The Splendid Table®, is now available for free in podcast form. ...splendidtable.publicradio.org/about/podc...

'Do what thou wilt, but harm none'. Each individual is responsible for discovering his or her own true nature and developing it fully, in harmony with the outer world.

Goddess Bless.

Margaret Morin <dogs_goodVNOD ; North Texas Animal Rights Network <ntar_network >; In Solidarity With Animals/Houston <ISWA >; Society of Peace Network/ <societyofpeacenetwork >Thu, November 26, 2009 5:40:43 PM NPR's The Splendid Table encouraged caller to serve vegans food w/ animal products without telling them

On today's NPR program, The Slendid Table, Ms. Casper's guest chef encouraged a caller to make a dessert with gelatin even though her adult children were vegan, as "they will never know."As a member of NPR, I just wrote to KERA and advised that if Ms. Casper's program "The Slendid Table" is kept on the air, I will not renew my KERA membership. I take issue with this as a vegan and I take issue with this as an ethical person. If you feel inclined to write "The Splendid Table" and KERA as well, please do. Thank you. Margaret Morin, Vegetarian Network of DallasContact The Splendid Table Program at: NPR.org/splendid_ tableContact KERA at: http://www.kera. org/about/ contact/If you elect to write, I am sure you will realize the advisability of using

your own words, but here is my post. "I am a KERA-Dallas member. Immediately after I finish writing to you, I am going to write KERA and ask that NPR program "The Splendid Table" be dropped or I will not renew my membership. I was shocked and offended by the highly unethical remarks made on today's TST when a caller asking for food preparation advice was encouraged to put animal products in her Thanksgiving dinner (proportedly) vegan dishes and to just lie about it to her adult vegan children. It is beside the point that every scientific journal article I have ever read concludes that ingestion of meat and animal products clogs one's arteries and contributes to many chronic illnesses. My offense is directed toward a person who would encourage breaking faith and lying to one's adult children (and by default, encourage the same behavior in your other listeners) about the content of food simply because it is one's personal

preference to eat animals. This is beyond the pale, Ms. Casper. I lost all respect for you today (you are responsible for your selection of guest chefs and therefore, their remarks). I will withdraw my financial support of KERA as as long as they keep you on the air."