IndiaDivine.org

Finally! A Chained Dog Cruelty Case in PA Goes As it Should! DDBeNews 9/10/09

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Please spend 6 minutes and watch video of dehydrated/starved chained dog drink water.The lower estimate of DDB is at least 6 million chained/penned dogs currently enduring extreme misery just in the US; including thirst, hunger, lack of motion, exercise and socialization. Working just in DFW, I think the numbers are way higher. NA --- On Thu, 9/10/09, Your Dogs Deserve Better Team <tammy wrote:

Your Dogs Deserve Better Team <tammyFinally! A Chained Dog Cruelty Case in PA Goes As it Should! DDBeNews 9/10/09niloofar.asgharianDate: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 2:37 PM

Having trouble viewing this email? Click here

Finally! A Chained Dog Cruelty Case in PA Goes as it SHOULD!: DDB eNews 9/10/09

In This Issue

School's in Session

Support DDB on Ebay

Billboard Help Chained Dogs

Our Facebook Fans Rock

Meet DDB At PA Week

Dog A Day Challenge

Chaining in Texas

Quick Links:

Donations

Volunteer

MembershipUnchainPADogs

Order Our New Yard Sign & help spread the word!

They hold up for months outside, and will be seen by those driving by for a long, long time before wearing out.

New DDB Brochuresin Tribute to the Bullys

Support DDB, pay tribute to the misunderstood Bully Breeds & educate the public all with the new DDB Brochures.Get yours HERE before they are all gone!!!

Mobile Billboard

Show your support for the dogs with your very own mobile billboard.So much more than a small vehicle magnet...let the public know where you stand!

Get Your DDB Stickers

Pickup a supply of DDB Stickers to use for your letters to your legislators and even to your friends.

Get Political for Animals

" 'Get Political for Animals' will go down in history. Asked what is the most effective way one can help the animals, I tell people: 'Buy this book! Open to page 1! Follow the instructions!'"-Rich McLellan, Executive Director, League of Humane Voters, CA

ChapterSays Ledy VanKavage, ASPCA Senior Director of Legal Training & Legislation: "This book teaches you how to become an effective political advocate, which is one of the most powerful and direct ways you can become a voice for the animals. Politics is not a spectator sport, and our furry friends are counting on you!"

DDB Poster Campaign

The Dogs Deserve Better poster campaign hits five aspects of our chained dog awareness efforts: physical needs, the generational approach (passed down from generation to generation), legislation, moral obligation and responsibility, and humane education and emotional needs. PLEASE take action to

educate in any way possible! We must help the chained dogs and the penned dogs, because they cannot help themselves. They deserve better than life on a chain/in a pen, and by placing these posters near areas where chained dogs live, you make save a life.

Educational Door Hangers

The Number One Way to make a difference in the lives of chained dogs and penned dogs in the short term is to get educational information into the hands of the caretakers.Get your Door Hangers now!

DDB on Petfinder

Dear Niloofar,

Well, it finally happened...that's right, it truly did. I had a chained dog cruelty case in Pennsylvania that WENT THE WAY IT SHOULD GO! Can you say YAY with me?Here's how it went down...I received a tip, and I won't say how, but let's just say it was anonymous...where I found, amidst junk, trash, old cars, an abandoned house and trailer, two very skinny and thirsty chained shepherds, a foo foo white dog who was both deaf and blind (and covered in fleas) living in a pen, and a black and white

chained border collie mix.I didn't know what to do, of course...didn't want to get arrested again, but couldn't leave these dogs out there where the supposed 'owner' was coming by every three days or so to give them crappy food and way too little water...I put video and photos of the dogs on Facebook, and guess what happened? The PSPCA contacted ME as a result, went out and got a warrant for the dogs (on a holiday weekend, no less) and drove the four hours from Philly to find the owner, get him to sign over the dogs

to them, and still charged him with cruelty!Now, how amazing is that?My immense gratitude goes out to the Pennsylvania SPCA for doing this for DDB and these dogs. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart!I drove down there on Tuesday, and picked up three of the four dogs. The female shepherd already has a trial forever home, the foo foo dog is seeking a foster or forever home, and so is the black dog.Now for the only bad news. The other shepherd, the male, showed chain and cage aggression...he is still sitting in a crate at the PSPCA, and he doesn't have much time. He is a purebred Shepherd, and we believe his is rehabbable (is that a word?) but he NEEDS a shepherd or training expert to take him on...PLEASE, do you know of anyone? He has not had a chance at a better life, and I believe he can make a great dog if given half a chance.Read the Media Release, see more pics (with AFTER pics of Foo Foo Cuddly Poops and Vivian, the female

shepherd!)http://www.dogsdeservebetter.org/tyronedogs.htmlWatch a video of this rescue: How Long a Chained Dog will DrinkWatch the video of the

surprise Pom Pom in the rescuePlease VOLUNTEER - or help through a DONATION -- every additional voice & every single dollar will strengthen our Cause & expand the hope of dogs everywhere!

School's in Session

(Time to buy Puddles on the Floor for the Classes on Humane Education!)

School's back in session, and Speak for Animals in Greenville, SC is planning to buy 50 Puddles on the Floor books for the students in their Humane Education program. Are you a humane educator, or do you just want to help educate the children in grades 2-6 in your school district? What about making a purchase of Puddles on the Floor for them? Each books brings out the following humane issues for your children: stray, overpopulation, shelter, crowding chaining (of course), and dangers to pets left free to roam.

For special pricing on the books for your humane education work, please give us a call at 814.941.7447.Remember, also, if you work in classes there's a companion cd which you will find invaluable. I used it in classes with Kindergartners last year in combination with Buddy Unchained, and they and the teachers all loved it.

Support DDB on eBay and win great prizes!

From September 1st to October 16th, eBay is running a special campaign for anyone who buys, sells or donates on eBay Giving Works. Every action is a chance to win a great prize, including a Tazzari ZERO Electric Car.

Just go to our Nonprofit page on eBay Giving Works. There you can find great items for purchase that support your cause, create a listing or make a Donate Now donation. Every action is an automatic entry into the sweepstakes and prizes will be given out each week. It's that easy!

Here's a link to our page. Buy or sell on our behalf, or use the Donate Now button, and you will be entered to win awesome prizes. Dogs Deserve Better currently has 100 listings.http://donations.ebay.com/charity/event.jsp?NP_ID=-14 & id=3033#buynpDon't feel like selling your own stuff? We're starting to collect great NEW or gently used items for our Holiday Auction. Gather them up and mail them to us at P.O. Box 23, Tipton, PA 16684. Thank you!

Billboards Help Chained Dogs

From Patty and Tony Trinka, South Bend, Indiana:"We've always been against dogs on chains and in pens. A friend sent me an e-mail she'd received from you about billboards. We did our homework and picked 2 great locations. After our 2nd billboard went up, we noticed the living conditions of 2 neighborhood dogs changed for the better. We hope many other dogs were helped, but even if it was only these two, it was worth every cent we spent!"Make a difference with a billboard in YOUR community!

Our Facebook fans ROCK!Join our Facebook fans! They are the best! Take Deirdre Mahon, for example, shown above, who says "I have been a BIG fan of Dogs Deserve Better for a long time now, and tell

people about this cause whenever I can. And me and my babygirl Deeva (mini poodle) wear matching Tshirts to promote the cause. keep up the good work."

Meet DDB Peeps at the Following September PA Week for the Animals Events:

In celebration of the 2nd Annual Pennsylvania Week for the Animals, Duquesne University Dept. of Philosophy and Animal Law Coalition host Animal Law night on Friday, September 18, 2009 from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. in Rm. 104 College Hall on the campus of Duquesne University, 600 Forbes Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15282. Speakers include Faith Bjalobok, Ph.D., Professor of Philosophy, Duquesne University, Fellow of Oxford Centre for Animal Ethics, will discuss ethical issues and moral status of non-human animals and our ethical obligations regarding animals and the law ; Becky Robinson, Founder and Executive Director of Alley Cat Allies, speaking on "Cats: Natural Law and Human Law"; Tamira Thayne, Founder and Executive Director, Dogs Deserve Better, pioneer of the anti-chaining movement, will address

anti-chaining and Pennsylvania's proposed law; Laura Allen, Founder and Executive Director, Animal Law Coalition, speaking about bills pending to stop the slaughter of American horses; and a Farm Sanctuary representative to be named will discuss anti-confinement and cruelty laws as they relate to farm animals.For directions and a map: http://www.sites.duq.edu/about/map.cfm The Animal Law night is free and open to the public. The public is encouraged to attend. Refreshments will be served. Puppy Mill Awareness Day, 9/19/09: http://www.awarenessday.org/Woofstock, 9/20/09: http://www.cpaawoofstock.com/

Dog A Day Challenge Update

99 dogs as of Day 86...Way to be INSPIRING, DDB Reps and Volunteers! 100 Dogs rescued from chains/pens this summer. You've just GOT to read their stories, and be as inspired as we were. These are some dedicated men and women...hereWe really need Vet Funds and Fencing help! With the new Fulton County Georgia law, we are getting calls every single day for fencing help. Can you sponsor a fence or donate toward our fencing program and our vet bills?

How Mark Crider Gets Dogs Off Chains in Texas

Mark Crider is just a character. He's one of those Texas Cowboys who just hates him some dog chaining. So what does he do, now that Texas has an law limiting chaining in place?

He tells us "The little plan I cooked up of mailing copies of the Texas Dog Chaining Statutes to addresses with chained dogs is batting 1000 so far, six for six. Only one stalled until they got the third notice that criminal charges would be filed in County Criminal Court three days after the postmarked date on the envelope. This is so much easier than getting into it with those perps and taking a chance on getting hurt."

Nothing better than a good uprising. Let's make chain-ge for Chained Dogs!

Sincerely,

The Dogs Deserve Better TeamDogs Deserve Better

Forward email

This email was sent to niloofar.asgharian by tammy.

Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnâ„¢ | Privacy Policy.

Email Marketing by

Dogs Deserve Better | P.O. Box 23 | Tipton | PA | 16684