IndiaDivine.org

CURE FOR DISTEMPER-READ ALL ABOUT IT!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I don't know if this is cure for distemper is real or not, but I am sharing because if it is true, it is very good news. Margaret

Koda- (American Indian Language) Meaning: "A Friend To All!"Bring Me HomeAdoption Days are Coming Up-Come Check Us Out!!Pooches on the ParkwaySaturday April 24, 2010 11am-3pmFULL ON ADOPTION DAYLFA and many other Rescue

Groups will be attending.Village on the ParkwayDirections:Southeast side of Beltline and Tollraod 5100 Belt Line RdDallas, TX 75254Yappy HourWednesday April 28, 2010 4pm-7pm

Family and Pet EventAdoptions available

More Info: 5100 Belt Line RdDallas, TX 75254Village on the Parkway. Blue Mesa, Fridays and Otura Sushi, will be allowing you and your four legged friends to sit on their Patio to dine in.Directions: Southeast Corner of the Toll-Road and Belt Line. In the old Bed, Bath and Beyond parking lot. Our LFA Trailer is the billboard to look for.Tailgate 2010 Pet Adopt-a-ThonSaturday May 1, 2010 10am-4pmBallpark Parking lot ECorner of Ballpark Way and Six Flags Rd.

Adoption Days at The Firewheel Mall in GarlandLocation and Times:FireWheel Mall in Garland5-2-10 Petco (Firewheel) 1-45-16-10 Petco (Firewheel) 1-46-6-10 Petco (Firewheel)1-46-20-10 Petco (Firewheel) 1-47-4-10 Petco (Firewheel) 1-47-18-10 Petco (Firewheel) 1-43055 North President George Bush Hwy. Firewheel Garland, TX 75040

Dog Bowl "The Ultimate Pooch Party"

Featuring Rescue Groups, Dog Clubs and Animal Welfare Organizations What to Expect: Contest, live Entertainment, Misting Ponds, giant dog bowls, Concessions for Dogs and Owners, Pet Vendors and Exhibitor Booths.

June 6, 2010

11:00 for "Tail" Gate

1:00-5:00 For all other activities

What to Bring: BYOP (Bring your own Picnic), pop up tent, table and chairs.

For more information: Emily Wells at ewells

To Bring Comfort to Animals in Need!"City of Fate Stray Animal Fundraiser

Smith's City Park

June 12, 2010

11am-3pm

Address:

1220 C.D. Boren

Fate, TX 75123 Products will be sold, along with other vendor booths.

This is a fundraiser to help raise money for the City of Fate stray animals.

VIP of the Week!

Hi my name Christian, My foster mom named me Christian because of the white cross found on my chest. I could be around 6 months old and I am adorable. I was found by my foster mom wandering around in the country. I was way too young to be on my own but she could not find any other dogs around me so she took me home. I am wee pad trained and I Love it here but I would like to have my "own" home. Just click my pictures to find out more about me!!

Linens For Animals In The Media

Lori Birdsong wins the Best in Plano Award 2009

Urban Animal Magazine

Houston Chronicle Newspaper-2009

Wfaa.com/Channel 8: LFA and Sgt. Hampton Soldier faces most frightening fight of his life.

For a List of our adoptable dogs and cats, please visit http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/TX1361.html

Hi I'm JodyHi I'm RomeoHi I'm SmileyHi I'm Honey Hi I'm CheltzeHi I'm ChristianHi I'm Junior Hi I'm Magic Hi I'm Rockie

Hi I'm GirlHi I'm Coon BoyHi I'm Dempsey (Adoption Pending)Hi I'm DumasHi I'm Ladybug

Hi I'm Fonzy

Update-Thursday April 22, 2010 Things have changed, now Andrew will continue his chemo treatments here in Dallas at the VA Hospital. For all of you who would like to continue to support and donate to Sgt. Hampton, please email him at mynewsoncayo.Please keep him in your prayers.To make a donation please contact Sgt. Hampton Directly atmynewsoncayo

In This Issue

Article Headline

Linens are available, Please place your order!www.LinensForAnimals.org

Life Saving Distemper Treatment AvailableCanine distemper is a contagious, often fatal, viral disease. Once the leading cause of death in unvaccinated puppies, vaccination programs have reduced its incidence. However, there are still dogs and puppies that die each year from the disease. Veterinarians think that there is no cure, and research and funding are typically focused on preventative vaccination rather than finding a way to actually treat it. Fortunately, for the past 40 years, Dr. Alson Sears has been working on a treatment for distemper. He (and another vet) discovered that Newcastle 's Disease Virus (NDV)-induced serum--made from the blood donation of donor dogs--actually KILLS the distemper virus. In more than 90 percent of the cases, the dogs fully

recover if the distemper was treated before it reached the neurologic phase. Euthanasia is no longer the treatment of choice for dogs and puppies with distemper.Project Hope in Houston, TX is currently in Phase Three--sponsoring the making of, and testing of, the serum. It is available at no charge to pre-screened, diagnosed-with-distemper dogs. The group is gathering all data, with the goal of publishing articles in peer-review journals. This will get the word out to other vets that there is a treatment for distemper...that works! If you want to know how to get help for your dog, help the cause or find out more about the treatment, please read the blog in the Houston Chronicle "Life Saving Serum: Distemper Treatment Now Available." DVD's of Dr. Sears' lecture on the NDV protocols are also available online at www.firststop-laststop.com Click on Project Hope. You can learn more about this treatment and give the

DVD to your own vet--perhaps sparking interest in making Dr. Sears' distemper treatment in your area. Distemper? There is Hope--and a Treatment.Please see below for the Full Story:Have A Great Weekend!

Lori BirdsongLori972-509-9393Also, for all donations please visit our website at, www.LinensforAnimals.org

Life Saving Serum: Distemper Treatment Now Available

In the 1970's, Dr. Alson Sears began to work on a treatment for distemper. After trying several things, he came across another vet doing research with NDV (Newcastle's Disease Virus). They decided to apply the research to dogs and discovered that NDV-induced serum kills the distemper virus. In over 90 percent of the cases, the dogs fully recovered IF the distemper was treated before it reached the neurologic phase. For the last nearly thirty years, his research has been kept alive by a few vets around the world--each doing a little here and a little there--and by Professor Ed Bond, whose own dog, Galen, was saved from distemper by Dr. Sears. Currently, Project Hope (in Houston), is sponsoring the making of serum--and making it available at no charge--gathering the test data, with the goal of publishing peer-review article/s--to get the word out to many other vets, that there is a treatment for

distemper that works!Cherry and her ten puppies, otherwise known as the Mama10, were sick with the sniffles when they first arrived. This was actually the very early symptoms of distemper. Mid-summer, 2009, I began to do research on treatments for distemper. As a medical foster, I was tired of taking my shelter-exposed distemper puppies to vets, who only wanted to euthanize the little puppies right out of my arms. I would take them home and save as many as I could--using pycnogenol and other supplements and antibiotics with fairly good success. That is until Thanksgiving.Cherry and her puppies arrived with the sniffles. They began to progress to an Upper Respiratory infection (URI), per their vet, and they were treated with antibiotics. The vet tried several. I even used a nebulizer and

vaporizer and in the end, only one puppy and their mama survived. When the last puppy became symptomatic (she had a small seizure), I knew I had to act immediately or she would die, too.Dr. Sears, Our MentorJust two months earlier, the Rescue Ranch had sponsored Dr. Sears' visit to Houston for a private lecture. There were five of us in attendance and the lecture was intense and long--but fascinating. It could have gone on for days and days. I wish it had.By the time Cherry and her puppies were so sic, I knew all about using NDV protocols to kill distemper but I was hesitant to use it. Then, there was only one little puppy left and her mama--and I had to make the leap between just studying Dr. Sears' work to actually using everything I had learned.At that time, no one in the entire U.S. had NDV-induced serum. I could not drive anywhere to get the serum that little Hope desperately needed. I had to

take her to a vet that was 200 miles away to get just the NDV in an IV (not as effective). She also had to have a brain tap since the distemper had become neurologic. That was all that was available to us at the time. Dr. Sears told me to find a vet who would make the NDV-induced serum.Within a week, a blood donor dog was found (in a nutshell, after a small injection, the donor dog's blood is spun down to make serum and it is injected sub Q into the sick dog) and we went back to make serum to help little Hope but it was too late--the distemper-induced bacterial pneumonia was too advanced (most distemper dogs have this). Sadly, that vet did not know the proper antibiotics to use and by the time I had figured it all out (with Dr. Sears' guidance), and had the correct antibiotics in my hand, Baby Hope died the very next morning. Now, our Project Hope vet is making this precious serum for the fifth time in two months--in Houston,

today. We know what antibiotic combination's are needed to kill this type of pneumonia and we have learned an encyclopedia's worth of knowledge in the meantime from Dr. Sears, case by case, to save many distemper puppies and dogs. Please let us help you and share what we have learned.NDV-Induced SerumThis is what half a "batch" of very cold NDV-induced serum looks like, made from the blood donor dog, Ginger's blood. Each life-saving vial is 10 ml. A puppy, 10 lbs or less, needs 6 ml to treat a case of systemic distemper. Each donor dog can save 10-15 adult dogs or many more sick puppies.Dogs and puppies sick with systemic distemper and canine herpes (and a few other diseases), can be given three sub Q injections of NDV-induced serum (under the skin between their shoulders), 12 hours apart, and

within 24 hours, the distemper virus is dead. Within three days, the dog is no longer contagious. We have been making the serum as a public-interest project in Houston--funded by donations and made available to sick animals for free--as long as the dogs/puppies are tested for distemper just before treatment. Since every minute is precious in treating distemper, we don't wait for the tests to come back--it is not necessary. If the supervising vet thinks the animal has distemper, after being swabbed and blood is drawn to send out, the serum is started. If the animal does not have distemper, there is no side effect. If it does, the animal will recover within days.Little Hope had a nasal discharge and some of the litter had a crusty eye discharge as well. In this photo,

she is having a seizure, hence the bubbling froth coming out of her mouth. There are other illnesses that can cause seizures but the discharges, fever and seizures combined, all pointed to distemper. The tests sent to Texas A & M confirmed it.Do You Have A Distemper Puppy/Dog/Litter?If you have a sick dog, whose fever/illness is not responding to antibiotics--even if fully vaccinated--or a litter, whose pregnant mama was vaccinated or had shelter exposure, you need to read more. You may very well have a distemper animal/s.Don't panic if it is distemper. There is Hope--and a Treatment. The earlier you catch it and treat it, the better the chance of a complete recovery.

Distemper? No Time To Waste: How You Can Help/Get HelpThe biggest obstacle we are finding, is time. Owners and fosters/rescues go from vet to vet or antibiotic to antibiotic, trying to get the animal better. All of this time--usually several weeks--allows the distemper to dig in deeper and sometimes, to cross the BBB--Blood Brain Barrier--turning from the easier to treat systemic distemper to neurologic distemper.(Puppies born to a mama vaccinated while pregnant will usually present at around 3-4 weeks with vaccine-induced distemper. It is thought, teaches Dr. Sears, that giving these puppies 1 cc of serum at birth may prevent distemper from developing.)Big Teddy Bear was Baby Hope's DD--Donor Dog! The serum made from his blood donation has saved over 15 dogs/puppies so

far...How Can You Help/Get Help?If you need help...1. There is serum available now in Houston. Please send an email to me at: animalrescuevolunteer I will send you a brief questionnaire to fill out with the animal's history and why you think they have distemper (symptoms, another vet diagnosed it, recent shelter exposure, etc.). The serum is free but all animals receiving the serum must be tested prior to treatment (there is a charge for lab fees for our study.)2. You can order a DVD of Dr. Sears lecture and the Protocol Binder--and ask your local vet to make serum (you need a healthy, qualified donor dog). Our vet and/or Dr. Sears will supervise/guide them at no cost. We all just want to help save lives. Click Here to print the form to order the materials. Allow 2-3 weeks for delivery. If it is URGENT and you have a

vet willing to help you, email me animalrescuevolunteer and I will arrange for you to pay the materials fee and Fed Ex charges by credit card to expedite the materials. 3. Read all of the articles on www.firststop-laststop.com and click on "Project Hope"--and print them out for your vet/shelter director/vet hospitals--and if anyone has an acute case of distemper and needs immediate help, we will arrange for a conference call with one of the supervising vets.If you want to help...1. Become the proud owner of a blood Donor Dog! Just like Teddy Bear, Buster and Ginger, Reina, Wally...your healthy, fully vaccinated dog can be a blood donor, too! A free spay or neuter (with our vet) will be granted to donor dogs. It can be used at least one month after their blood donation. Read more:

Distemper Treatment Project: Donor Dogs/Sponsors Needed

2. Donate Funds are needed right now to make serum, sponsor testing for special hardship cases, buy supplies, antibiotics and donor dog testing (all donor dogs are given a full health screening at no charge--after donating, a copy of these tests are available to the dog's owners upon request). We need at least $1500 by Friday afternoon to just pay for the latest batch of serum and testing, not counting any special cases/testing that may come in the meantime. Please Click Here to Donate. 3. Print and Post the Donor Dog Flier and/or any or all of the articles about Project Hope. Order extra copies of the DVD and give them out/send the to other dog owners/friends around the country. Everyone who owns a dog, rescues dogs, has anything to do with dogs needs to know that there is a treatment for distemper. Euthanasia is no longer the answer.A can of Hill's a/d, high-calorie food, 6 oz of no, or low salt, chicken broth (make your own boiling chicken without the skin for an hour) and a tablespoon of light Karo syrup is one of the combination's I use to feed sick dogs. Mix this up into a liquid slurry to either let sick dogs/puppies lap it up--or syringe-feed them until they can. Depending on their size and weight, I may divide this over a day for tiny puppies or make this four to eight times a day, for large breed dogsOther Challenges?Helping distemper dogs survive and thrive takes more than "just" the serum. The animals need to be on the proper complement of antibiotics and doses; they need to be dewormed several times, regardless of testing (many distemper animals have ascarids--round worms--up high in their small intestines and stomachs and will

test negative); and you must be diligent about syringe-feeding them not only liquids--but food, too--if they are too weak to eat. It can take several days to several weeks to get a sick dog back on its feet, so to speak. If you need more information, please email me. I am not a vet but I am willing to share what I have learned or can ask Dr. Sears or our Houston vet.

Remember...Distemper? There is HOPE--and a Treatment. Thank you for stopping by, for listening and for caring.Especially for caring.Janewww.chron.com/rescuevolunteer

I also write a daily blog for the Rescue Ranchwww.firststop-laststop.comClick on "My Blog"Thank you kindly!A special "Thank You" to Linens for Animals in Dallas, TX--The Rescue Ranch uses hundreds of their recycled, washable pee pads each week for our puppies and special needs animals. They are available to all rescues and even fosters--and are truly priceless...--and so are Lori and Mark, the co-founders!Lori and Mark, with their newly covered trailer--and BB and Sophie, Sgt. Andrew Hampton's dogs

they fostered and found a new home for when he had to go to Iraq.

Hope loved napping on her mama, Cherry. They had nearly two wonderful weeks together before God called Hope's name. Cherry has fully recovered and is now happily living at the Rescue Ranch!Cherry, Easter Sunday, 2010 Cherry and her best friend, Timmy, dressed up in matching outfits! He thought his bunny ears were great fun to play with and dropped them somewhere along the way.

Houston Chronicle Needs Our Help-

Eight Adorable Rescue Ranch Puppies Need Homes! (Please click Link Above For the Full Story and Beautiful Pictures of the Pups who need homes!)

A Note From Us to You!

Dear Friends,The past four years, we worked steadily to make Linens for Animals more than just about linens. Although we have supplied linens to shelters, rescue groups, and wildlife rehabbers across 8 states, we wanted to do more! In 2009, we received the long awaited and prayed for 501 c3 status, enabling us to work as a charity and accept donations while being able to give you a tax deduction.This past year, when we learned of their dire condition, we adopted a rescue/sanctuary that housed over 170 dogs and cats. The current rescue /sanctuary only has outdoor pens and the animals are in need of warmth and shelter. Although I have tried to get support from the local community in Johnson County, I can not. It is located too far from any major city and getting volunteers and fosters, is impossible. Now you may not know me, but I don't accept defeat when it comes to the animals!!! However, realizing the

scope of what we began humbled us to our core and now we need to ask for your help. I found an incredible property in McKinney. Our new indoor/outdoor facility will be able to not only care for our current sanctuary dogs that will live out their lives with us but also our current & future animal guests. In order to make this huge move to the new property, we have to foster or adopt at least 60 cats and 28 large mixed breed dogs.All are vetted and most are spayed & neutered. The warm fuzzies of the holidays are behind us but the needs of the animals are not!My wonderful and generous husband, Dr. Mark Bussan was personally delivering food to hungry animals this very early New Years day morning! Hunger doesn't take a Holiday!I have to call upon you, my friends and animal family, to help. We can't do it alone! Mark and I have sold personal property, borrowed and leveraged all of our assets to make this dream a reality.Please

consider either adopting, fostering or donating to Linens for Animals.I know many of you already take care of animals, either your own or foster, and I know we are coming out of the Holidays and cash may be tight. I really hate to even ask but the animals can't speak for themselves. So Linens for Animals will speak for them.Every week, Linens for Animals donates 15,000 pounds of fresh, sanitized hospital linens to animals in need, maybe yours have been the recipients of some of these gifts. And now you can help us.Perhaps you can take a moment to help us find homes for the adoptable animals; you can click on our website to donate funds. You can forward this newsletter to help us reach more animal loving people like us. Check with your church, your friends, and your workplace. I can give you brochures to handout and gather more support for Linens for Animals.We are here for the animals 24/7. Every week without fail, we are here delivering

linens and providing comfort to animals in need. So this is my personal plea; can you help Mark and I find homes for some of these beautiful animals? With a humble heart and my fingers crossed, I await your response.

For donations, please click the box below. For animals ready for adoption please click the following link http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/TX1361.html to see our adoptables.In gratitude -

Lori Birdsong

Linens for Animals

lori

972-509-9393

Linens Available! Linens are available so please place your order for linens at Linensforanimals.org. Please remember to bring a "Thank You" Letter - on your letterhead - when you pick up so we can validate our distributions.And don't forget to take a quick look at Linens For Animals Wish List - you

might have something we can use!

www.LinensForAnimals.org

Email Marketing by

Linens for Animals | Cloud 9 | Plano | TX | 75000