IndiaDivine.org

(No subject)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everybody.

My name is Agustina and I am from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I've been following the program since November. I'm on step 3 right now. I could see some amazing changes after only a few weeks and although I have my ups and downs things are only getting better and better.

I live with my husband and two daughters, ages 6 and 1. The elder is following the program with great enthusiasm, too. After being vegetarians for some years we went onto a vegan macrobiotic diet for about 5 years. Later on and for different reasons we started adding eggs but no diary, and some time after that we added some cheese (mostly ricotta and cottage cheese). This was some 3 or 4 years ago. I ate meat a few times during my last pregnancy just because I craved for it.

Being a vegetarian was part of a search - although I was never sure what I was searching for. Now I realize I was trying to bring some order into my eating and fill a gap in my life. Having someone (in this case, vegetarianism) telling me what to eat and what not to eat made my feel more confident and less anxious.

However, sugar always seaked in. Somehow. I knew somehing was wrong and it had to do with the sugar in my life. I foud this amazing program by just typing "sugar addiction" into a search engine.

So, I started eating meat in order to be able to fit 20-22g of protein into every meal. Sometimes I eat tofu (not much because I'm afraid it might interfere with my thyroid medication) or lentils or beans. Sometimes it's eggs. Meat has become a large part of my diet (at least compared to my "previous life"!) and although I have to admit I'm feeling great, I'd like to start cutting down. I would love to share vegetarian recipes and learn more about getting enough protein without eating animals.

I look forward to meating y'all!

Greetings from Buenos Aires,

Agustina