IndiaDivine.org

Beans

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Never thought I'd hit this point in my life, but it's a good place to be. I

just realized that I

prefer soaked beans to canned. Guess I now consider canned beans fast food.

Just wanted to share

B

Guest guest

Bob,

How long do you soak them and what is your favorite way to prepare them? I am eating a lot of canned beans and they are soooooo easy. I even found some without added salt. I need a great recipe to motivate me to try the dried kind.

:)

Stacey

-

Bob

Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:41 PM

Beans

Never thought I'd hit this point in my life, but it's a good place to be. I just realized that I prefer soaked beans to canned. Guess I now consider canned beans fast food.Just wanted to shareB

Guest guest

Hi Stacey,

I've been soaking them overnight and cooking them off for 1-2 hours depending on

what

type of bean it is. From there they can go into a recipe. Something tells me

your an

excellent cook.

Have an Awesome Weekend,

Bob

, " staceykp " <staceykp1 wrote:

>

> Bob,

>

> How long do you soak them and what is your favorite way to prepare them? I am

eating

a lot of canned beans and they are soooooo easy. I even found some without

added salt. I

need a great recipe to motivate me to try the dried kind.

>

> :)

> Stacey

> -

> Bob

>

> Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:41 PM

> Beans

>

>

> Never thought I'd hit this point in my life, but it's a good place to be. I

just realized

that I

> prefer soaked beans to canned. Guess I now consider canned beans fast

food.

>

> Just wanted to share

>

> B

>

Guest guest

Stacey,

I always soak my overnight, they expand, make sure you have enough water when soaking. One of my favorites is old

fashion 16 bean soup. It's beans, celery, onion, carrot, garlic, veg stock and parsley. you can pretty much add any of

your favorite things in too. Bean soup is very versatile.

Hope this helps.

Wendy in Philly

On Behalf Of staceykpSaturday, May 27, 2006 8:23 PM Subject: Re: Beans

Bob,

How long do you soak them and what is your favorite way to prepare them? I am eating a lot of canned beans and they are soooooo easy. I even found some without added salt. I need a great recipe to motivate me to try the dried kind.

Stacey

-

Bob

Beans

Never thought I'd hit this point in my life, but it's a good place to be. I just realized that I prefer soaked beans to canned. Guess I now consider canned beans fast food.Just wanted to shareB

Guest guest

A friend made some black beans and once cooked, she added finely chopped red bell pepper and raw onion, then she squeezed a lot of lemon juice over the whole thing.  I added them to meals and they provided a neat twang!LucindaOn May 27, 2006, at 5:23 PM, staceykp wrote:Bob, How long do you soak them and what is your favorite way to prepare them?  I am eating a lot of canned beans and they are soooooo easy.  I even found some without added salt.  I need a great recipe to motivate me to try the dried kind. :)Stacey-Bob Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:41 PM BeansNever thought I'd hit this point in my life, but it's a good place to be.  I just realized that I prefer soaked beans to canned.  Guess I now  consider canned beans fast food.Just wanted to shareB

Guest guest

This sounds good Lucinda.

Thanks,

Stacey

-

Lucinda Bush

Sunday, May 28, 2006 12:05 AM

Re: Beans

A friend made some black beans and once cooked, she added finely chopped red bell pepper and raw onion, then she squeezed a lot of lemon juice over the whole thing. I added them to meals and they provided a neat twang!

Lucinda

Guest guest

Lentils cook relatively quickly to other dry beans. Lentils & rice soup is a staple for me! You can add different seasonings & it tastes completely different, like I made it mediterranean one time, with hot chile pepper another time--Lucinda Bush <lucindabush Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 12:05:04 AMRe: BeansA friend made some black beans and once cooked, she added finely chopped red bell pepper and raw onion, then she squeezed a lot of lemon juice over the whole thing. I added them to meals and they provided a neat twang!

Lucinda

On May 27, 2006, at 5:23 PM, staceykp wrote:

Bob,

Stacey

-

Bob

Beans

Guest guest

One of our favorites is a simplified version of hummus: You soak the garbanzo beans overnight and then boil them until they are soft. Don't drain them. Instead, use a spoon in order to get some of the water which should be thicker and of a sort of jelly consistency. Add some cloves of garlic and olive oil and blend with a hand blender until it is creamy.

You can spread it on toast or crackers, eat it alone or mix it with rice or other grains. I love this recipe.

It's fast, easy, and cheap.

Hope you like it!

Greetings from Buenos Aires,

Agustina

Agustina C. Eiff

Guest guest

Yum, this sounds delicious!

Heather

On Behalf Of Agustina Colombo Eiff

Monday, May 29, 2006 6:35 PM

Re:

Beans

One of our favorites

is a simplified version of hummus: You soak the garbanzo beans overnight and

then boil them until they are soft. Don't drain them. Instead, use a spoon in

order to get some of the water which should be thicker and of a sort of jelly

consistency. Add some cloves of garlic and olive oil and blend with a hand

blender until it is creamy.

You can spread it on

toast or crackers, eat it alone or mix it with rice or other grains. I love

this recipe.

It's fast, easy, and

cheap.

Hope you like it!

Greetings from Buenos Aires,

Agustina

Agustina C. Eiff

Guest guest

Stacey,

I use Swanson's veg stock.

Wendy

On Behalf Of staceykpSunday, May 28, 2006 5:54 AM Subject: Re: Beans

Thanks Wendy,

This sounds really good and easy. Do you make your own vegetable stock or have you found one with low sodium?

Stacey

-

Wendy Hannan

Saturday, May 27, 2006 10:03 PM

RE: Beans

Stacey,

I always soak my overnight, they expand, make sure you have enough water when soaking. One of my favorites is old

fashion 16 bean soup. It's beans, celery, onion, carrot, garlic, veg stock and parsley. you can pretty much add any of

your favorite things in too. Bean soup is very versatile.

Hope this helps.

Wendy in Philly