Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi,

I'm getting sick sick sick of meat, but how am I to get enough protein

with just veggies and grains and legumes...I need 37 gms at each meal,

and I'm not very fond of tofu, seitan, etc. Help. I want to incorporate

meatless meals, but don't know how to get enough protein. I can't keep

having just eggs, cheese and cottage cheese. Any suggestions?

Patty

Guest guest

OK, I'm answering myself in this I guess.

I just checked out the recipes for a meal in the Nutritiondata site that someone suggested. That is great by the way.

I checked out split pea soup, corn bread and a peanut butter spread. Now the soup had 13 gms of protein in each cup. The cornbread had 4 in each piece, cause the recipe had

1 1/2 cups of yogurt and the 3/4 cup.cornmeal. I'm assuming that I can count the yogurt and trhe meal.. And the peanut butter spread had 2 TB. peanut butter and 1 TB of sunflower seeds, that was 11 gms. of protein. So to finish out my meal, I wold have 13,4 and 11 which is 28 gms, and since I need 37, I could add a piece of cheese or some cottage cheese, about 1/3 cup. Is that right. Did I figure this right?

If I did, then it won't be so hard to get the gms of protein after all. Did I do it right. By the way, I was using David and Niki Goldbecks American Wholefoods Cuisine. There are menus in the back and I was using that.

Patty

-

Patty Adams

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:58 PM

enough protein

Hi,I'm getting sick sick sick of meat, but how am I to get enough protein with just veggies and grains and legumes...I need 37 gms at each meal, and I'm not very fond of tofu, seitan, etc. Help. I want to incorporate meatless meals, but don't know how to get enough protein. I can't keep having just eggs, cheese and cottage cheese. Any suggestions?Patty

Guest guest

OK, here is my sense....If you need 37 and are counting at this level (counting cornbread) , something is off. See how you feel.The idea is to help you relax into healing, not into fretting <smile>warmly,KathleenOn Jun 10, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Patricia Adams wrote: OK, I'm answering myself in this I guess. I just checked out the recipes for a meal in the Nutritiondata site that someone suggested. That is great by the way. I checked out split pea soup, corn bread and a peanut butter spread. Now the soup had 13 gms of protein in each cup. The cornbread had 4 in each piece, cause the recipe had 1 1/2 cups of yogurt and the 3/4 cup.cornmeal. I'm assuming that I can count the yogurt and trhe meal.. And the peanut butter spread had 2 TB. peanut butter and 1 TB of sunflower seeds, that was 11 gms. of protein. So to finish out my meal, I wold have 13,4 and 11 which is 28 gms, and since I need 37, I could add a piece of cheese or some cottage cheese, about 1/3 cup. Is that right. Did I figure this right? If I did, then it won't be so hard to get the gms of protein after all. Did I do it right. By the way, I was using David and Niki Goldbecks American Wholefoods Cuisine. There are menus in the back and I was using that. Patty - Patty Adams Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:58 PM enough protein Hi,I'm getting sick sick sick of meat, but how am I to get enough protein with just veggies and grains and legumes...I need 37 gms at each meal, and I'm not very fond of tofu, seitan, etc. Help. I want to incorporate meatless meals, but don't know how to get enough protein. I can't keep having just eggs, cheese and cottage cheese. Any suggestions?Patty Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Guest guest

Thanks Kathleen,

You're right of course. I was just wondering how to get enough protein in a vegetarian meal...I'll see how I feel.

Patty

-

Kathleen DesMaisons

Saturday, June 10, 2006 9:39 PM

Re: enough protein

OK, here is my sense....

If you need 37 and are counting at this level (counting cornbread) , something is off. See how you feel.The idea is to help you relax into healing, not into fretting <smile>

warmly,

Kathleen

On Jun 10, 2006, at 7:20 PM, Patricia Adams wrote:

OK, I'm answering myself in this I guess.

I just checked out the recipes for a meal in the Nutritiondata site that someone suggested. That is great by the way.

I checked out split pea soup, corn bread and a peanut butter spread. Now the soup had 13 gms of protein in each cup. The cornbread had 4 in each piece, cause the recipe had

1 1/2 cups of yogurt and the 3/4 cup.cornmeal. I'm assuming that I can count the yogurt and trhe meal.. And the peanut butter spread had 2 TB. peanut butter and 1 TB of sunflower seeds, that was 11 gms. of protein. So to finish out my meal, I wold have 13,4 and 11 which is 28 gms, and since I need 37, I could add a piece of cheese or some cottage cheese, about 1/3 cup. Is that right. Did I figure this right?

If I did, then it won't be so hard to get the gms of protein after all. Did I do it right. By the way, I was using David and Niki Goldbecks American Wholefoods Cuisine. There are menus in the back and I was using that.

Patty

-

Patty Adams

Saturday, June 10, 2006 7:58 PM

enough protein

Hi,I'm getting sick sick sick of meat, but how am I to get enough protein with just veggies and grains and legumes...I need 37 gms at each meal, and I'm not very fond of tofu, seitan, etc. Help. I want to incorporate meatless meals, but don't know how to get enough protein. I can't keep having just eggs, cheese and cottage cheese. Any suggestions?Patty

Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.

This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone