IndiaDivine.org

My favorite tofu recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't know why I didn't think of posting this before! This is an awesome recipe, assuming you like a little spice and curry. I have no idea where this recipe came from, have had it on a piece of paper for years. I've included the original and then noted my changes. Enjoy! Heather

Baked Tofu

2 t curry1 t garlic powder1/2 t black pepperWhole lemon- juice of (since I use less sugar I don't go crazy with this)1/2 cup soy sauce (if watch salt I use less soy sauce, say 1/4 cup BUT make sure you add water to make 1/2 cup of liquid!)1/8 cup olive oil2 T honey (I use about 1 tbl apple juice concentrate, you could use 2 if you like)3 T tomato sauce (I freeze the remaining tom sauce in 1 Tbl portions-ice cube tray-to pull out and use later)1/4 cup vinegar (same here, I vary this depending on how much lemon I use or it will be too acidic)2 lbs extra firm tofu (Whitewave makes the best for this, requires very little pressing actually)

1. Press tofu 30 minutes ( I place them under a pan with water in it, watch it doesn't fall off!)

2. Combine all ingredients, except tofu, in a small bowl.3. Slice in 1/8 inch slices (you want the pieces pretty thin so you get a lot of tasty pieces, but too thin and it might fall apart)4. Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with half of sauce5. Lay slices flat over sauce6. Cover tofu with rest of sauce7. Bake at 300 F at least 1 hr. (I turn it every 15 minutes or so until done. It's done when most of the liquid is gone and the pieces are little leathery, but not burnt.)

This sounds good, and simple. And you could use a bit of all-fruit jam instead of honey if you prefer. Thanks!Heather and Jon Dillon <hjdillon wrote: I don't know why I didn't think of posting this before! This is an awesome recipe, assuming you like a little spice and curry. I have no idea where this recipe came from, have had it on a piece of paper for years. I've included the original and then noted my changes. Enjoy! Heather Baked Tofu 2 t curry1 t garlic powder1/2 t black pepperWhole lemon- juice of (since I use less sugar I don't go crazy with this)1/2 cup soy sauce (if watch salt I use less soy sauce, say 1/4 cup BUT make sure you add water to make 1/2 cup of liquid!)1/8 cup olive oil2 T honey (I use about 1 tbl apple juice concentrate, you could use 2 if you like)3 T tomato sauce (I freeze the remaining tom sauce in 1 Tbl portions-ice cube tray-to pull out and use later)1/4 cup vinegar (same here, I vary this depending on how much lemon I use or it will be too acidic)2 lbs extra firm tofu (Whitewave makes the best for this, requires very little pressing actually) 1. Press tofu 30 minutes ( I place them under a pan with water in it, watch it doesn't fall

off!) 2. Combine all ingredients, except tofu, in a small bowl.3. Slice in 1/8 inch slices (you want the pieces pretty thin so you get a lot of tasty pieces, but too thin and it might fall apart)4. Cover bottom of 9x13 pan with half of sauce5. Lay slices flat over sauce6. Cover tofu with rest of sauce7. Bake at 300 F at least 1 hr. (I turn it every 15 minutes or so until done. It's done when most of the liquid is gone and the pieces are little leathery, but not burnt.)

How low will we go? Check out Messenger’s low PC-to-Phone call rates.