IndiaDivine.org

travel and breakfast

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi all, I am trying to become a more savvy traveller, and the thing I really want to work on is making breakfast as easy as possible. I sometimes feel that I spend too much time driving around either looking for a good breakfast place or looking for a grocery store that has what I need. On shorter trips especially, it can be hard to get small quantities of things from a grocery store. So I am researching hotels that: a) Include a hot "full" breakfast as part of the cost or b) Have a coffee shop on site or c) Have a refrigerator in the room AND serve a continental breakfast I'm wondering which of those options you all would look for. My tendency is to want the hot breakfast (eggs), but that's harder to find, and I'm not sure I really want to stuff myself on a full breakfast every day. On the other hand, eating my usual cottage cheese (from a

fridge) and toast (from a continental breakfast) is a little less fun than eating *out,* you know? I was just curious what other people look for. Blessings, Sharon in CA

Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Hi Sharon - I normally try to stay at better hotels, where there is a breakfast buffet available (or a wide choice from room service). In larger cities, they often serve a Japanese breakfast, which can be program friendly. They also tend to be more sensitive to vegetarian needs, eg not doing the home fries in bacon grease. Eggs, potatoes, and some berries is my normal on-the-road breakfast. It did take me awhile though (with the help of my journal), to figure out that even though there is a huge buffet available, I could just eat what my body needed and leave the rest! I can see that this would be harder during the earlier steps. BTW, if you order ahead or are willing to wait, you can almost always get a baked potato in your room in the late evening. I also travel with nuts and whole grain crackers just in case. GailSharon Wylie <swylie2002 wrote: Hi all, I am trying to become a more savvy traveller, and the thing I really want to work on is making breakfast as easy as possible. I sometimes feel that I spend too much time driving around either looking for a good breakfast place or looking for a grocery store that has what I need. On shorter trips especially, it can be hard to get small quantities of things from a grocery store. So I am researching hotels that: a) Include a hot "full" breakfast as part of the cost or b) Have a coffee shop on site or c) Have a refrigerator in the room AND serve a continental breakfast I'm wondering which of those options you all would look for. My tendency is to want the hot breakfast (eggs), but that's harder to find, and I'm not sure I really want to stuff myself on a full

breakfast every day. On the other hand, eating my usual cottage cheese (from a fridge) and toast (from a continental breakfast) is a little less fun than eating *out,* you know? I was just curious what other people look for. Blessings, Sharon in CA Get your email and more, right on the new .com

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Gail/Sharon,

Good idea staying in a hotel with a buffet & also really like the idea of

ordering a spud

ahead of time. When I was in Hawaii a few weeks ago the buffet breakfast had

miso soup

and also brown rice as it also catered to guests from japan, what a nice perk.

I also take protein powder and or shake mix just in case. Someday's just need

to sleep in

so having a shake close by is insurance to me.

Enjoy,

Bob

, Gail Shapiro <weedabutt wrote:

>

> Hi Sharon -

> I normally try to stay at better hotels, where there is a breakfast buffet

available (or a

wide choice from room service). In larger cities, they often serve a Japanese

breakfast,

which can be program friendly. They also tend to be more sensitive to vegetarian

needs,

eg not doing the home fries in bacon grease. Eggs, potatoes, and some berries is

my

normal on-the-road breakfast. It did take me awhile though (with the help of my

journal),

to figure out that even though there is a huge buffet available, I could just

eat what my

body needed and leave the rest! I can see that this would be harder during the

earlier

steps. BTW, if you order ahead or are willing to wait, you can almost always get

a baked

potato in your room in the late evening. I also travel with nuts and whole grain

crackers

just in case.

> Gail

>

> Sharon Wylie <swylie2002 wrote:

> Hi all,

>

> I am trying to become a more savvy traveller, and the thing I really want to

work on is

making breakfast as easy as possible. I sometimes feel that I spend too much

time driving

around either looking for a good breakfast place or looking for a grocery store

that has

what I need. On shorter trips especially, it can be hard to get small quantities

of things

from a grocery store.

>

> So I am researching hotels that:

> a) Include a hot " full " breakfast as part of the cost or

> b) Have a coffee shop on site or

> c) Have a refrigerator in the room AND serve a continental breakfast

>

> I'm wondering which of those options you all would look for. My tendency is

to want

the hot breakfast (eggs), but that's harder to find, and I'm not sure I really

want to stuff

myself on a full breakfast every day. On the other hand, eating my usual cottage

cheese

(from a fridge) and toast (from a continental breakfast) is a little less fun

than eating *out,*

you know?

>

> I was just curious what other people look for.

>

> Blessings,

> Sharon in CA

>

>

> Get your email and more, right on the new .com

>

>

>

>

> Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

>