IndiaDivine.org

non dairy/egg protein powder?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there,

I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake?

Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt

weird after) and also intolerant to egg.

Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?

Sam x

Sam,

I use a 100% soy protein powder & feel good after having some. You may also

want to buy

so me Georges Jr Shake mix via the RR Store. Think you did a really good thing

by

listening to what your body is saying.....

Hope that helps.

Bob

, " freespirittree " <freespirittree

wrote:

>

> Hi there,

>

> I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake?

>

> Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt

> weird after) and also intolerant to egg.

>

> Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?

>

> Sam x

>

I just bought a couple trial size packets of a rice protein powder at my local health food store - I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow and let you know how they taste. There is also Hemp protein powder but they didn't have trial size. I hate to invest in a big can and not like it. Has anyone tried hemp protein? Debfreespirittree <freespirittree wrote: Hi there,I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake? Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt

weird after) and also intolerant to egg.Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?Sam x

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Deb,

I've heard alot of talk about Hemp Protein Powder, but I've never tried it yet.

Bob

, Deborah Barbe <cellodeb wrote:

>

> I just bought a couple trial size packets of a rice protein powder at my local

health food

store - I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow and let you know how they taste.

There is also

Hemp protein powder but they didn't have trial size. I hate to invest in a big

can and not

like it. Has anyone tried hemp protein?

> Deb

>

> freespirittree <freespirittree wrote:

> Hi there,

>

> I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake?

>

> Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt

> weird after) and also intolerant to egg.

>

> Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?

>

> Sam x

>

> Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

>

I have and I hated it, LOLkathleenOn Oct 13, 2006, at 2:19 PM, Deborah Barbe wrote: I just bought a couple trial size packets of a rice protein powder at my local health food store - I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow and let you know how they taste. There is also Hemp protein powder but they didn't have trial size. I hate to invest in a big can and not like it. Has anyone tried hemp protein? Debfreespirittree <freespirittree wrote: Hi there,I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake? Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt weird after) and also intolerant to egg.Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?Sam x Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Is that the hemp or the rice protein you hated, Kathleen? Look forward to hearing if you liked the rice protein Deb? Kathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: I have and I hated it, LOL kathleen On Oct 13, 2006, at 2:19 PM, Deborah Barbe wrote: I just bought a couple trial size packets of a rice protein powder at my local health food store - I'll try it for breakfast

tomorrow and let you know how they taste. There is also Hemp protein powder but they didn't have trial size. I hate to invest in a big can and not like it. Has anyone tried hemp protein? Debfreespirittree <freespirittree (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote: Hi there,I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake? Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt weird after) and also intolerant to egg.Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?Sam x Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D. This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Greetings,

I don't care for any of the protein powders I have used so far, mostly soy, ass I like to avoid dairy. I did have a smoothie last week of 1 cup kefir, 1/4 cup soaked almonds with soaking water, 1/2 banana and veggies. It settled well. From my understanding bean sprouts have protein, correct me if I am wrong. I started putting greens in my smoothie and have enjoyed the balance. I happened to be browsing through amazon and while reading user reviews, one book had many smoothie recipes with fruit and greens. (I was not the only one to discover this). It also got high ratings. I have not read the book. Just have to add protein, I suppose. The book is Green for Life, by by Victoria Boutenko. Let me know if anyone has read or used any recipes in the book. ~Deanna

Naturade makes soy protein powder and soy free vegetarian protein powder. The brown rice protein powder is good too. I tried hemp once and it was a little weird. Also, if you think you might be looking for a job soon and having to take one of those drug screening tests, I wouldn't use hemp - it might show a false reading for marijuana use. Although I could be wrong.

Allison Deborah Barbe Oct 13, 2006 2:19 PM Re: non dairy/egg protein powder?

I just bought a couple trial size packets of a rice protein powder at my local health food store - I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow and let you know how they taste. There is also Hemp protein powder but they didn't have trial size. I hate to invest in a big can and not like it. Has anyone tried hemp protein?

Debfreespirittree <freespirittree wrote:

Hi there,I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake? Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt weird after) and also intolerant to egg.Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?Sam x

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail.

Allison,

I like your comment about not using Hemp Protein powder, if your going to be

going through

an employee drug test, was really interesting, that may prove a false positive,

WOW. Also I

don't really like the idea of promoting a plant that could be used to keep

people hooked on

illegal stuff, in the US.

Bob

hemp, hated hemp bleechI find the rice kinda chaukyI personally like George’s the best, LOLkathleenOn Oct 14, 2006, at 1:20 AM, Sam Reed wrote: Is that the hemp or the rice protein you hated, Kathleen? Look forward to hearing if you liked the rice protein Deb? Kathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: I have and I hated it, LOL kathleen On Oct 13, 2006, at 2:19 PM, Deborah Barbe wrote: I just bought a couple trial size packets of a rice protein powder at my local health food store - I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow and let you know how they taste. There is also Hemp protein powder but they didn't have trial size. I hate to invest in a big can and not like it. Has anyone tried hemp protein? Debfreespirittree <freespirittree (AT) (DOT) co.uk> wrote: Hi there,I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake? Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt weird after) and also intolerant to egg.Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?Sam x Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D. This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

No, it doesn’t <smile>, just tastes nasty,LOLkathleenOn Oct 14, 2006, at 6:41 AM, alschacht wrote: Naturade makes soy protein powder and soy free vegetarian protein powder.  The brown rice protein powder is good too.  I tried hemp once and it was a little weird.  Also, if you think you might be looking for a job soon and having to take one of those drug screening tests, I wouldn't use hemp - it might show a false reading for marijuana use.  Although I could be wrong. Allison Deborah Barbe Oct 13, 2006 2:19 PM Re: non dairy/egg protein powder? I just bought a couple trial size packets of a rice protein powder at my local health food store - I'll try it for breakfast tomorrow and let you know how they taste. There is also Hemp protein powder but they didn't have trial size. I hate to invest in a big can and not like it. Has anyone tried hemp protein? Debfreespirittree <freespirittree wrote: Hi there,I'm after a protein powder for my morning shake? Bought some whey protein isolate, but think I'm intolerant to it (felt weird after) and also intolerant to egg.Have heard about rice protein powder...has anyone tried it? Any good?Sam x Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

So the rice protein powder (choco flavor) was tasty. Of course, I throw a lot of other stuff in there too: oats, flax oil, lecithin, a banana, rice dream and soy milk. Only 10 g protein in that single serving packet so I had cottage cheese toast too. Tomorrow I try the mixed berries flavor. I am going to order George's Shake Mix very soon because I trust that Kathleen and Co have made us the best mix possible for Radiant Recoverers! Deb

All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Deb,

That sounds like an action packed shake!!!! Yes the George's Shake Mix Rocks,

it also

tastes so good, it's hard to believe it's healthy, but it sure is.

Have a Wonderful Weekend,

Bob

, Deborah Barbe <cellodeb wrote:

>

>

>

> So the rice protein powder (choco flavor) was tasty. Of course, I throw a

lot of other

stuff in there too: oats, flax oil, lecithin, a banana, rice dream and soy milk.

Only 10 g

protein in that single serving packet so I had cottage cheese toast too.

Tomorrow I try the

mixed berries flavor.

> I am going to order George's Shake Mix very soon because I trust that

Kathleen and Co

have made us the best mix possible for Radiant Recoverers!

> Deb

>

>

>

>

>

> All-new Mail - Fire up a more powerful email and get things done

faster.

>

I use rice protein power. When I first got it, I found it chalky & didn't

like it at all - I'd put just one teaspoon in a smoothie/shake 'cause that's

all I could handle. Now, though, I put 2 tablespoons on my muesli every

morning and I *love* it! Interesting, hey. I wondered if it was because my

body liked it that I developed a tase for it.

Nicola

, " Nicola Paton "

<nic_paton wrote:

>

>

> I use rice protein power. When I first got it, I found it chalky &

didn't

> like it at all - I'd put just one teaspoon in a

smoothie/shake 'cause that's

> all I could handle. Now, though, I put 2 tablespoons on my muesli

every

> morning and I *love* it! Interesting, hey. I wondered if it was

because my

> body liked it that I developed a tase for it.

>

> Nicola

>

Hi Nicola,

Is that the Nutribiotic brand?