IndiaDivine.org

nut butters

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Oh, the recipe for almond butter. One time I put raw almonds in a food processors and it did not come out as smooth as in the store. The nut butter ended up spoiling. It was lumpy and rather gritty. Is there a secret to making nut butter in a food processor? ~Deanna

Deanna,

What I did was roast the almonds in the oven for a few minutes, let them cool and then placed them in the food processor. First they grind down to a fine powder, but you just let it keep on going. Then it will kind of ball up, like a dough and then it starts to turn to a butter. I don't remember exactly how long it took, but 3-5 minutes is my guess. You can let it keep going to get really creamy butter, yum. I put mine in the fridge, I don't know about spoiling. I've never let almond butter sit long enough to spoil, lol. Maybe make it in smaller batches. hth, Heather

On Behalf Of DVR2004Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 12:29 PM Subject: Re: nut butters

Oh, the recipe for almond butter. One time I put raw almonds in a food processors and it did not come out as smooth as in the store. The nut butter ended up spoiling. It was lumpy and rather gritty. Is there a secret to making nut butter in a food processor? ~Deanna

• 2 years later...

recycled_gardens , " genny_y2k " <genny_y2k

wrote:

Terri,

I add the oil/honey/agave nectar, etc. *after* I remove the ground

nuts from the grinder. Mercy ! I should have added that info. LOL.

The nuts or seeds all need a tiny bit of liquid added to make them

more spreadable.. AFTER !!!! In a separate bowl.

Thanks for reminding me.

Deanna in Colorado

Terri Partyka <tpartyka@> wrote:

> Doesn't it 'gum' up your grinder?

--- End forwarded message ---