IndiaDivine.org

Dense protein

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Sharon - I certainly respect your view, having been completely vegan for at least seven years awhile back. As for me, I now sometimes eat eggs and once in awhile fish, and wear leather shoes, yet I still consider myself as having been a vegetarian for almost 40 years. I won't touch anything that has touched meat or poultry and even make my ominivore husband brush AND floss his teeth before he kisses me. :) Gail Sharon Wylie <swylie2002 wrote: I'm sorry to be a complainer, but can I request that on this list we not refer to salmon as a "veggy protein?" To me, being a vegetarian means something ethical and moral, not just a preference, and ignoring that boundary feels very disrespectful to me. I fully understand that many

people on this list eat meats, and I have no problem with that, and I don't even mind that we talk about that on this list. I just don't want us to start blurring the lines between what's vegetarian and what's not. Peace, Sharon in CABob <yogabob7 wrote: Hi Natalie,It's really nice to have you here & welcome to the program. Dense protein is mostly the animal proteins, beef, Chix, Pork etc. So when it comes to veggy proteins some of the ones that work the best for me are things like cottage cheese, salmon, firm tofu, combo of garbanzo & kidney beans, soy beans. Brown rice powder works too.Thanks for speaking up, it's good to hear from you.Bob , "Natalie" <natalie.elam wrote:>> Hi, I am new at this and have been using brown rice protein powder as> either an addition to other protein in my meals or the only protein> source. I read that having a "dense" protein source is optimal. > Would brown rice protein powder be considered a dense protein? There> are 12 grams of protein in one serving. What other vegan/vegetarian> protein sources are considered dense? Thank you, Natalie> Low, Low, Low Rates! Check out Messenger's cheap PC-to-Phone call rates.

Get your email and see which of your friends are online - Right on the new .com