IndiaDivine.org

becoming vegetarian

Rate this topic

Guest guest

i would like to see some of the more seasoned vegetarians give advice to those of us who are trying to convert. i don't know what makes a complete protein...mixing what beans and grains...what works well to keep a vegetarian full and sustained between meals...just wondering if anyone has any ideas...sharonH

Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Hi Sharon, I've been vegetarian for 13 years and on the program for 2, so I guess I count as "seasoned." There's not that much to know actually. The idea of food "combining" to make a complete protein is a little outdated; as long as you're getting a good variety of proteins and whole grains you will be fine. What works well to keep a vegetarian full and sustained are the same things for anyone else on the program: the right amount of protein for your weight and some browns. I think Kathleen's article from the resource center provides some really good overall info: http://www.radiantrecovery.com/resourcecenter/vegetarians.htm I think this is a good summary (from the article): "The steps aren't any different for vegetarians. You do the same

steps and in the same order, just as they are written. That means there's no need to spook yourself on Step 1 by worrying you can't eat all that protein as a vegetarian. (smile) Just work on breakfast." The only difference I see between myself as a vegetarian on this program is that I have the commitment to being vegetarian. I've been vegetarian so long it never occurred to me to approach this program any other way, and so I find the ways to make it work. Blessings,Sharon in CAsharon hansen <sharongollumhansen wrote: i would like to see some of the more seasoned vegetarians give advice to those of us who are trying to convert. i don't know what makes a complete protein...mixing what beans and grains...what works well to keep a vegetarian full and sustained between meals...just wondering if anyone has any ideas...sharonH Want to start your own business? Learn how on Small Business.

Everyone is raving about the all-new Mail beta.