IndiaDivine.org

new to this list

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi there

I'm on step 3, and not a vegetarian. I used to be - even a vegan at one point, and am now re-evaluating the idea. My main concern is environmental - land for animals and the greenhouse gases they produce has a significant impact on global warming. Having said that, the meat I eat is reared on an biodynamic farm to which I can walk, and the slaughter is done on site for chickens, and a few miles away for the rest.

Right now I'm exploring the idea of bringing more vegetarian meals into my diet, and I'll see how that works. I'd love to know:

-how you calculate the protein requirements with pulses and other veg sources (I don't eat anything soya)

-I know this isn't the main aim, but could I lose weight eventually, eating vegetarian? My thoughts are that you have to eat a huge amount of pulses to get the right quantity of protein... and this must make it high in calories and hard to lose weight.... or not?

I'm looking forward to learning from this group!

Goodnight (I'm in the UK)

Vania

Hi Vania,I am going to let folks on the list respond...But we really don’t get into the issue of weight loss here on the lists.This is about healing <smile>warmly,kathleenOn Jan 30, 2007, at 2:36 PM, Vania Phitidis wrote:Hi thereI'm on step 3, and not a vegetarian. I used to be - even a vegan at one point, and am now re-evaluating the idea. My main concern is environmental - land for animals and the greenhouse gases they produce has a significant impact on global warming. Having said that, the meat I eat is reared on an biodynamic farm to which I can walk, and the slaughter is done on site for chickens, and a few miles away for the rest. Right now I'm exploring the idea of bringing more vegetarian meals into my diet, and I'll see how that works. I'd love to know: -how you calculate the protein requirements with pulses and other veg sources (I don't eat anything soya)-I know this isn't the main aim, but could I lose weight eventually, eating vegetarian? My thoughts are that you have to eat a huge amount of pulses to get the right quantity of protein... and this must make it high in calories and hard to lose weight.... or not? I'm looking forward to learning from this group! Goodnight (I'm in the UK)Vania Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Hi Vania,

There's actually a list of vegetarian proteins and their protein counts in the "files" section of this . For me, I need about 1 1/2 cups of beans to get the right amount of protein. That doesn't feel like a "huge" amount to me. I don't have any advice about weight loss as that hasn't been one of my goals, but I can say that I have not gained weight following the program and eating vegetarian.

Welcome to the group!

Sharon in CA

Vania Phitidis <vania Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:36:37 PM new to this list

Hi there

I'm on step 3, and not a vegetarian. I used to be - even a vegan at one point, and am now re-evaluating the idea. My main concern is environmental - land for animals and the greenhouse gases they produce has a significant impact on global warming. Having said that, the meat I eat is reared on an biodynamic farm to which I can walk, and the slaughter is done on site for chickens, and a few miles away for the rest.

Right now I'm exploring the idea of bringing more vegetarian meals into my diet, and I'll see how that works. I'd love to know:

-how you calculate the protein requirements with pulses and other veg sources (I don't eat anything soya)

-I know this isn't the main aim, but could I lose weight eventually, eating vegetarian? My thoughts are that you have to eat a huge amount of pulses to get the right quantity of protein... and this must make it high in calories and hard to lose weight.... or not?

Vania

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Hi Sharon,My name is Christine I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am new to RR and this group. I was so glad to find this group as I am having problems figuring out the protein being a vegetarian. You mentioned that there is a list of the vegetarian protein counts in the files section. How would I find the files section? ThanksSharon Wylie <swylie2002 wrote: Hi Vania, There's actually a list of vegetarian proteins and their protein counts in the "files" section of this . For me, I need about 1 1/2 cups of beans to get the right amount of protein. That doesn't feel like a "huge" amount to me. I don't have any advice about weight loss as that hasn't been one of my goals, but I can say that I have not gained weight following the program and eating vegetarian. Welcome to the group! Sharon in CA Vania Phitidis <vania (AT) talktalk (DOT) net> Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:36:37 PM new to this list Hi there I'm on step 3, and not a vegetarian. I used to be - even a vegan at one point, and am now re-evaluating the idea. My main concern is environmental - land for animals and the greenhouse gases they produce has a significant impact on global warming. Having said that, the meat I eat is reared on an biodynamic farm to which I can walk, and the slaughter is done on site for chickens, and a few miles away for the rest. Right now I'm exploring the idea of bringing more vegetarian meals

into my diet, and I'll see how that works. I'd love to know: -how you calculate the protein requirements with pulses and other veg sources (I don't eat anything soya) -I know this isn't the main aim, but could I lose weight eventually, eating vegetarian? My thoughts are that you have to eat a huge amount of pulses to get the right quantity of protein... and this must make it high in calories and hard to lose weight.... or not? I'm looking forward to learning from this group! Goodnight (I'm in the UK) Vania Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Hi Christine,

How are you getting onto this site is it through or simply

responding to

posts via e-mail?

BTW was just in ABQ and saw the Trader Joes, what a Goldmine for Veggy Foods....

Bob

, Christine Wade <cawade17 wrote:

>

> Hi Sharon,

>

> My name is Christine I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am new to RR and

this group.

I was so glad to find this group as I am having problems figuring out the

protein being a

vegetarian. You mentioned that there is a list of the vegetarian protein counts

in the files

section. How would I find the files section?

>

> Thanks

>

> Sharon Wylie <swylie2002 wrote:

> Hi Vania,

>

> There's actually a list of vegetarian proteins and their protein counts in

the " files "

section of this . For me, I need about 1 1/2 cups of beans to get the

right

amount of protein. That doesn't feel like a " huge " amount to me. I don't have

any advice

about weight loss as that hasn't been one of my goals, but I can say that I have

not gained

weight following the program and eating vegetarian.

>

> Welcome to the group!

> Sharon in CA

>

>

> Vania Phitidis <vania

>

> Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:36:37 PM

> new to this list

>

>

> Hi there

> I'm on step 3, and not a vegetarian. I used to be - even a vegan at one

point, and am

now re-evaluating the idea. My main concern is environmental - land for animals

and the

greenhouse gases they produce has a significant impact on global warming. Having

said

that, the meat I eat is reared on an biodynamic farm to which I can walk, and

the slaughter

is done on site for chickens, and a few miles away for the rest.

>

> Right now I'm exploring the idea of bringing more vegetarian meals into my

diet, and

I'll see how that works. I'd love to know:

>

> -how you calculate the protein requirements with pulses and other veg sources

(I don't

eat anything soya)

> -I know this isn't the main aim, but could I lose weight eventually, eating

vegetarian?

My thoughts are that you have to eat a huge amount of pulses to get the right

quantity of

protein... and this must make it high in calories and hard to lose weight.... or

not?

>

> I'm looking forward to learning from this group!

>

> Goodnight (I'm in the UK)

> Vania

>

> Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

>

>

>

>

>

> Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast

> with the Search weather shortcut.

>

Hi Christine, welcome to RR and the group!

If you go to the main page, select "groups" from the left hand side menu. When you get to the groups home page, log in with your username and password. Once you are logged in, you will see your groups, including this one. Click on this group, and then click on the "files" section (from the left hand side menu). The protein file is a text file, just click on it to read it.

Hopefully I remembered all the steps to walk you through it. Let me know if I missed something or if it's confusing.

Blessings,

Sharon

Christine Wade <cawade17 Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 8:27:51 AMRe: new to this list

Hi Sharon,My name is Christine I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am new to RR and this group. I was so glad to find this group as I am having problems figuring out the protein being a vegetarian. You mentioned that there is a list of the vegetarian protein counts in the files section. How would I find the files section? ThanksSharon Wylie <swylie2002 > wrote:

Hi Vania,

There's actually a list of vegetarian proteins and their protein counts in the "files" section of this . For me, I need about 1 1/2 cups of beans to get the right amount of protein. That doesn't feel like a "huge" amount to me. I don't have any advice about weight loss as that hasn't been one of my goals, but I can say that I have not gained weight following the program and eating vegetarian.

Welcome to the group!

Sharon in CA

Vania Phitidis <vania (AT) talktalk (DOT) net>Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:36:37 PM new to this list

Hi there

Vania

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peak at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.

Never miss an email again! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail arrives. Check it out.

Christine, if you go to www. and sign in, then click the link for this group, the files link is on the left hand side of the group home page.

Also, we have a list called radiantsouthwest for people who live in the southwest, and we are having a gathering on Saturday in Albuquerque. If you are interested, you can join the southwest list or ask me about it.

Allison

Christine Wade Jan 31, 2007 9:27 AM Re: new to this list Hi Sharon,My name is Christine I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I am new to RR and this group. I was so glad to find this group as I am having problems figuring out the protein being a vegetarian. You mentioned that there is a list of the vegetarian protein counts in the files section. How would I find the files section? ThanksSharon Wylie <swylie2002 wrote:

Hi Vania,

Welcome to the group!

Sharon in CA

Vania Phitidis <vania (AT) talktalk (DOT) net> Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 1:36:37 PM new to this list

Hi there

Vania

Hi Bob! I have been getting onto the site through the e-mails, would

it be better to go through the ? I am new to all this.

Yes, Trader Joe's is wonderful for veggie food. We also have Whole

Foods and Wild Oats, but Trader Joe's is so much cheaper.

Thanks,

Christine

, " Bob " <yogabob7 wrote:

>

> Hi Christine,

>

> How are you getting onto this site is it through or

simply responding to

> posts via e-mail?

>

> BTW was just in ABQ and saw the Trader Joes, what a Goldmine for

Veggy Foods....

>

>

> Bob

Hi Sharon!

Thank you. I did find the file. I had been going into the group

through the e-mails.

Thanks again,

Christine

, Sharon Wylie

<swylie2002 wrote:

>

> Hi Christine, welcome to RR and the group!

>

> If you go to the main page, select " groups " from the left hand

side menu. When you get to the groups home page, log in with your

username and password. Once you are logged in, you will see your

groups, including this one. Click on this group, and then click on the

" files " section (from the left hand side menu). The protein file is a

text file, just click on it to read it.

>

> Hopefully I remembered all the steps to walk you through it. Let me

know if I missed something or if it's confusing.

>

> Blessings,

> Sharon

>

>