IndiaDivine.org

Can I count corn chips as a brown?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

They are a complex carb. And....<Smile>...they are very addictive...so I am not so sure they are the best choice.KathleenOn Feb 26, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Lynn Kahl wrote: You're probably going to think I'm an idiot for asking this question.  I don't usually eat corn chips, but I would if I could count them as a brown.  Can I?   Thanks.   -Lynn Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

I occasionally use tortilla chips as a brown. Not often though. When I do, I use the blue corn chips. They are the most "brown" and don't seem to make me want to eat more and more. I don't think I'd dare use Fritos - those would be a problem for sure!

Allison

Kathleen DesMaisons Feb 26, 2007 12:00 PM Re: Can I count corn chips as a brown? They are a complex carb. And....<Smile>...they are very addictive...so I am not so sure they are the best choice.

Kathleen

On Feb 26, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Lynn Kahl wrote:

You're probably going to think I'm an idiot for asking this question. I don't usually eat corn chips, but I would if I could count them as a brown. Can I?

Thanks.

-Lynn

Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.

This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Thanks all! I appreciate the input. -Lynnalschacht wrote: I occasionally use tortilla chips as a brown. Not often though. When I do, I use the blue corn chips. They are the most "brown" and don't seem to make me want to eat more and more. I don't think I'd dare use Fritos - those would be a problem for sure! Allison Kathleen DesMaisons Sent:

Feb 26, 2007 12:00 PM Re: Can I count corn chips as a brown? They are a complex carb. And....<Smile>...they are very addictive...so I am not so sure they are the best choice. Kathleen On Feb 26, 2007, at 11:20 AM, Lynn Kahl wrote: You're probably going to think I'm an idiot for asking this question. I don't usually eat corn chips, but I would if I could count them as a brown. Can I? Thanks. -Lynn Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D. This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Lynn,

They would be the kind of food where I would want to eat the whole bag. I'd

find another

brown, like brown rice or triscuits or someting....

Bob

, Lynn Kahl <newsong02000 wrote:

>

> You're probably going to think I'm an idiot for asking this question. I don't

usually eat corn

chips, but I would if I could count them as a brown. Can I?

>

> Thanks.

>

> -Lynn

>

Yes, what it is about chips that makes them so addictive? Is it the salt or the fat or the combination of the two? I bought some unsalted corn chips at Trader Joe's and ate about 15 with my refried black beans for lunch, and my body didn't scream for more, so I think they might work for me. Your spinach salad lunch sounds delicious. It reminded me about how much I like raw spinach, too. It is now on my shopping list. Thanks for all your help. -LynnBob <yogabob7 wrote: Lynn,They would be the kind of food where I would want to eat the whole bag. I'd find another brown, like brown rice or triscuits or someting....Bob , Lynn Kahl <newsong02000 wrote:>> You're probably going to think I'm an idiot for asking this question. I don't usually eat corn chips, but I would if I could count them as a brown. Can I?> > Thanks.> > -Lynn>

I think if you read the ingredients, you'll have your answer! Blue corn chips usually have an ingredient list like "blue corn, safflower oil, salt." Fritos has a list loaded with sugar and all kinds of who-knows-what.

:-)Sharon in CA

Lynn Kahl <newsong02000 Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:50:01 PMRe: Re: Can I count corn chips as a brown?

Yes, what it is about chips that makes them so addictive? Is it the salt or the fat or the combination of the two? I bought some unsalted corn chips at Trader Joe's and ate about 15 with my refried black beans for lunch, and my body didn't scream for more, so I think they might work for me.

Your spinach salad lunch sounds delicious. It reminded me about how much I like raw spinach, too. It is now on my shopping list.

Thanks for all your help.

-LynnBob <yogabob7 (AT) adelphia (DOT) net> wrote:

Lynn,They would be the kind of food where I would want to eat the whole bag. I'd find another brown, like brown rice or triscuits or someting....Bob, Lynn Kahl <newsong02000@ ...> wrote:>> You're probably going to think I'm an idiot for asking this question. I don't usually eat corn chips, but I would if I could count them as a brown. Can I?> > Thanks.> > -Lynn>

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.

Doritos are full of nasty stuff, too. They gave me hangovers. I haven't looked at the ingredient list of Fritos, and haven't eaten any in years. I know they have lots more fat than blue corn chips, and a lot of salt.

Allison

Sharon Wylie Feb 27, 2007 5:15 PM Re: Re: Can I count corn chips as a brown?

I think if you read the ingredients, you'll have your answer! Blue corn chips usually have an ingredient list like "blue corn, safflower oil, salt." Fritos has a list loaded with sugar and all kinds of who-knows-what.

:-)Sharon in CA

Lynn Kahl <newsong02000 Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2007 3:50:01 PMRe: Re: Can I count corn chips as a brown?

Yes, what it is about chips that makes them so addictive? Is it the salt or the fat or the combination of the two? I bought some unsalted corn chips at Trader Joe's and ate about 15 with my refried black beans for lunch, and my body didn't scream for more, so I think they might work for me.

Your spinach salad lunch sounds delicious. It reminded me about how much I like raw spinach, too. It is now on my shopping list.

Thanks for all your help.

-LynnBob <yogabob7 (AT) adelphia (DOT) net> wrote:

Lynn,They would be the kind of food where I would want to eat the whole bag. I'd find another brown, like brown rice or triscuits or someting....Bob, Lynn Kahl <newsong02000@ ...> wrote:>> You're probably going to think I'm an idiot for asking this question. I don't usually eat corn chips, but I would if I could count them as a brown. Can I?> > Thanks.> > -Lynn>

Access over 1 million songs - Music Unlimited.