IndiaDivine.org

counting all v. counting dense protein

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi again, Been giving this some more thought. I came into RR having been a vegetarian for more than 35 years. Adding enough protein to every meal was by far the most difficult step for me - MUCH harder than detoxing. I have always used the low end (.4) and counted everything - believe me, that was a HUGE increase in protein for me! My guess is that someone who is coming to the program as an omnivore - whose body is used to much more protein, and from denser sources - may need more (or consistently more dense sources). If you are just learning about a vegetarian (or vegan) diet, it is not a bad idea to learn a bit about combining plant foods to get the best protein. It's not complicated at all, in fact, most "ethnic" cuisines do this naturally. Folks who do not have the money to spend on eating much meat have long survived this way. If there is interest, I can tell you more, or

you can read about it in almost any good vegetarian cookbook (Laurel's Kitchen is my favorite). And ultimately, it really is a question of finding what works best for your body. Gail

Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends.

Guest guest

And Gail, one thing that I will respectfully submit...I certainly do not have the expertise you do with being a vegetarian. I do have the expertise with sugar sensitivity. And I know that people who have more at the beginning stages of healing do way better. There are many sugar sensitive people who are drawn to being vegetarian because they love carbs.What I am hoping is that we can have an open and sincere discussion about how to walk both paths in a healthy way.I will respectfully disagree with the concept of using .4 and counting everything. And while this may certainly work for you, I hope you will be willing to respect the model that this list is built on. Will that work?Warmly,kathleenOn Mar 13, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Gail Shapiro wrote: Hi again,   Been giving this some more thought. I came into RR having been a vegetarian for more than 35 years. Adding enough protein to every meal was by far the most difficult step for me - MUCH harder than detoxing. I have always used the low end (.4) and counted everything - believe me, that was a HUGE increase in protein for me!   My guess is that someone who is coming to the program as an omnivore - whose body is used to much more protein, and from denser sources - may need more (or consistently more dense sources).   If you are just learning about a vegetarian (or vegan) diet, it is not a bad idea to learn a bit about combining plant foods to get the best protein. It's not complicated at all, in fact, most "ethnic" cuisines do this naturally. Folks who do not have the money to spend on eating much meat have long survived this way. If there is interest, I can tell you more, or you can read about it in almost any good vegetarian cookbook (Laurel's Kitchen is my favorite).   And ultimately, it really is a question of finding what works best for your body.   Gail      Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D.This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Guest guest

Oh, absolutely! I was not suggesting that others follow my model, only that I found that it works for me. I know from experience (and journal!) that when there is more stress in my life, I need more protein and more browns. I actually wrote a much longer post, and in re-reading, I probably left out some important stuff. What I said first was that, since I had eaten so little protein before starting RR (and, "except" for the sugar sensitivity was very, very healthy :), so it never presented as a problem to me. I literally did not have any illness at all, even a cold, for 25 years), I found that I kept getting stuck while trying to master Step 3. Getting down that quantity of protein-dense food was very difficult for me. I would do fine one day, then would not be hungry at all the next. So I played around with the amounts, over many months. What I finally found was that I could consistently eat .4, counting the little bit of dairy that I

sometimes eat, and that allowed me to master Step 3. The rest of the program was a breeze! I will grant you - maybe it was chugging down all that protein at the beginning that enabled the healing! Gail Kathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: And Gail, one thing that I will respectfully submit...I certainly do not have the expertise you do with being a vegetarian. I do have the expertise with sugar sensitivity. And I know that people who have more at the beginning stages of healing do way better. There are many sugar sensitive people who are drawn to being vegetarian because they love carbs. What I am hoping is that we can have an open and sincere discussion about how to walk both paths in a healthy

way. I will respectfully disagree with the concept of using .4 and counting everything. And while this may certainly work for you, I hope you will be willing to respect the model that this list is built on. Will that work? Warmly, kathleen On Mar 13, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Gail Shapiro wrote: Hi again, Been giving this some more thought. I came into RR having been a vegetarian for more than 35 years. Adding enough protein to every meal was by far the most difficult step for me - MUCH harder than detoxing. I have always used the low end (.4) and counted everything - believe me, that was a HUGE increase in protein for me! My guess is that someone who is coming to the program as an omnivore - whose body is used to much more protein, and from denser

sources - may need more (or consistently more dense sources). If you are just learning about a vegetarian (or vegan) diet, it is not a bad idea to learn a bit about combining plant foods to get the best protein. It's not complicated at all, in fact, most "ethnic" cuisines do this naturally. Folks who do not have the money to spend on eating much meat have long survived this way. If there is interest, I can tell you more, or you can read about it in almost any good vegetarian cookbook (Laurel's Kitchen is my favorite). And ultimately, it really is a question of finding what works best for your body. Gail Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D. This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Guest guest

Hi, all, I just want to add from my own experience, that when I was "counting it all", and it seemed to work for me, it was pointed out to me that doing that was not doing the program. Non-vegetarians doing the program don't count it all. After wrestling with that for awhile, I decided to not count the protein in bread, for example, and I felt way better - radiant, to be exact. -LynnKathleen DesMaisons <radiantkd wrote: And Gail, one thing that I will respectfully submit...I certainly do not have the expertise you do with being a vegetarian. I do have the expertise with sugar sensitivity. And I know that people who have more at the beginning stages of healing do way better. There are many sugar sensitive people who are drawn to being vegetarian because they love carbs. What I am hoping is that we can have an open and sincere discussion about how to walk both paths in a healthy way. I will respectfully disagree with the concept of using .4 and counting everything. And while this may certainly work for you, I hope you will be willing to respect the model that this list is built on. Will that work? Warmly, kathleen On Mar 13, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Gail Shapiro wrote: Hi again, Been giving this some more thought. I came into RR having been a vegetarian for more than 35 years. Adding enough protein to every meal was by far the most difficult step for me - MUCH harder than detoxing. I have always used the low end (.4) and counted everything - believe me, that was a HUGE increase in protein for me! My guess is that someone who is coming to the program as an omnivore - whose body is used to much more protein, and from denser sources - may need more (or consistently more dense sources). If you are just learning about a vegetarian (or vegan) diet, it is not a bad idea to learn a bit about combining plant foods to get the best protein. It's not complicated at all, in fact, most "ethnic" cuisines do this naturally. Folks who do not have the money to spend on eating much meat have long survived this way. If there is interest, I can tell you more,

or you can read about it in almost any good vegetarian cookbook (Laurel's Kitchen is my favorite). And ultimately, it really is a question of finding what works best for your body. Gail Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D. This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Guest guest

I don't count the protein in bread - there isn't much, is there? - or the minisucle amounts in other foods. I meant that I count things like yogurt and milk when I eat them, which is not often, unless I can find lactose-free versions. Maybe I misunderstood? GailLynn Kahl <newsong02000 wrote: Hi, all, I just want to add from my own experience, that when I was "counting it all", and it seemed to work for me, it was pointed out to me that doing that was not doing the program. Non-vegetarians doing the program don't count it all. After wrestling with that for awhile, I decided to not count the protein in bread, for example, and I felt way better - radiant, to be exact. -LynnKathleen DesMaisons

<radiantkd wrote: And Gail, one thing that I will respectfully submit...I certainly do not have the expertise you do with being a vegetarian. I do have the expertise with sugar sensitivity. And I know that people who have more at the beginning stages of healing do way better. There are many sugar sensitive people who are drawn to being vegetarian because they love carbs. What I am hoping is that we can have an open and sincere discussion about how to walk both paths in a healthy way. I will respectfully disagree with the concept of using .4 and counting everything. And while this may certainly work for you, I hope you will be willing to respect the model that this list is built on. Will that work? Warmly, kathleen On Mar 13, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Gail Shapiro wrote: Hi again, Been giving this some more thought. I came into RR having been a vegetarian for more than 35 years. Adding enough protein to every meal was by far the most difficult step for me - MUCH harder than detoxing. I have always used the low end (.4) and counted everything - believe me, that was a HUGE increase in protein for me! My guess is that someone who is coming to the program as an omnivore - whose body is used to much more protein, and from denser sources - may need more (or consistently more dense sources). If you are just learning about a vegetarian (or vegan) diet, it is not a bad idea to learn a bit about combining plant foods to get the best protein. It's

not complicated at all, in fact, most "ethnic" cuisines do this naturally. Folks who do not have the money to spend on eating much meat have long survived this way. If there is interest, I can tell you more, or you can read about it in almost any good vegetarian cookbook (Laurel's Kitchen is my favorite). And ultimately, it really is a question of finding what works best for your body. Gail Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D. This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone

Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.

Guest guest

I wish I had said in my last post something more like this: When I decided to not count the protein in milk and grains like the non-vegetarians, I was surprised at how much better I felt even though when I was counting them I felt pretty good. Now I feel even better. But, I would admit that it was a step of faith in Kathleen's knowledge to not count it all. But, now I am glad that I took that step. -LynnGail Shapiro <weedabutt wrote: I don't count the protein in bread - there isn't much, is there? - or the minisucle amounts in other foods. I meant that I count things like yogurt and milk when I eat them, which is not often, unless I can find lactose-free versions. Maybe I misunderstood? GailLynn Kahl <newsong02000 > wrote: Hi, all, I just want to add from my own experience, that when I was "counting it all", and it seemed to work for me, it was pointed out to me that doing that was not doing the program. Non-vegetarians doing the program don't count it all. After wrestling with that for awhile, I decided to not count the protein in bread, for example, and I felt way better - radiant, to be exact. -LynnKathleen DesMaisons

<radiantkd (AT) mindspring (DOT) com> wrote: And Gail, one thing that I will respectfully submit...I certainly do not have the expertise you do with being a vegetarian. I do have the expertise with sugar sensitivity. And I know that people who have more at the beginning stages of healing do way better. There are many sugar sensitive people who are drawn to being vegetarian because they love carbs. What I am hoping is that we can have an open and sincere discussion about how to walk both paths in a healthy way. I will respectfully disagree with the concept of using .4 and counting everything. And while this may certainly work for you, I hope you will be willing to respect the model that this list is built on. Will that work? Warmly, kathleen On Mar 13, 2007, at 2:56 PM, Gail Shapiro wrote: Hi again, Been giving this some more thought. I came into RR having been a vegetarian for more than 35 years. Adding enough protein to every meal was by far the most difficult step for me - MUCH harder than detoxing. I have always used the low end (.4) and counted everything - believe me, that was a HUGE increase in protein for me! My guess is that someone who is coming to the program as an omnivore - whose body is used to much more protein, and from denser sources - may need more (or consistently more dense sources). If you are just learning about a vegetarian (or vegan) diet, it is not a bad idea to learn a bit about combining plant foods to get the best protein. It's not complicated at all, in fact, most

"ethnic" cuisines do this naturally. Folks who do not have the money to spend on eating much meat have long survived this way. If there is interest, I can tell you more, or you can read about it in almost any good vegetarian cookbook (Laurel's Kitchen is my favorite). And ultimately, it really is a question of finding what works best for your body. Gail Don't be flakey. Get Mail for Mobile and always stay connected to friends. Kathleen DesMaisons, Ph.D. This is Grace Unfolding, we are not alone Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.