IndiaDivine.org

my favorite recipe

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi Tina,It takes a lot of chopping but I tend to add more of everything and make a huge soup pot of it.  I freeze the rest, yet as was mentioned here before, the beans sort of turn to mush when thawed.  I eat it for lunch and just throw in more beans.  If you are serving it for company, use the soup the first day.When I had many ladies over a meeting and dinner, I had a simple meal of this bean soup and also clam chowder (For the meat eaters...I'm on Cape Cod) and a salad and bread.  Many asked for the recipe.  Usually meat eaters won't eat something called "bean soup" but this one they seem to like.I'm not sure about the wine and its sugars.KristaOn Mar 14, 2007, at 4:04 PM, Tina wrote:Krista,thank you for this yummy-sounding recipe! How long does it take you to make it? And how many servings do you get out of it (approximately)? Just asking...And, since the recipe mentions wine, does anyone know if it is ok to use alcohol in cooking? Does the alcohol disintegrate while cooking or does it stay in there as sugar?I have a French veggie cookbook and many recipes require wine...Thanks,Tina , "kristadiego" <diegofamily wrote:>>

Guest guest

Hi Tina, This recipe sounds delicious to me, too. Krista, thanks for sharing! Since I don't have any fresh basil right now, and I have a jar of pesto in the fridge, I am going to try stirring a tablespoon of that into the soup before serving. About the wine, I think most of the alcohol will evaporate when the soup boils, but the sugar will remain. If you are not on Step 7, don't worry about it. About serving size, what I am going to do is call it 5 servings for my use, so each serving would have 1c beans which would be 12g of protein. I'll eat some cheese and crackers with it to get my 24 g of protein for lunch. Happy cooking! -Lynn Tina <roma_rothko wrote: Krista,thank you for this yummy-sounding recipe! How long does it take you to make it? And how many servings do you get out of it (approximately)? Just asking...And, since the recipe mentions wine, does anyone know if it is ok to use alcohol in cooking? Does the alcohol disintegrate while cooking or does it stay in there as sugar?I have a French veggie cookbook and many recipes require wine...Thanks,Tina ,

"kristadiego" <diegofamily wrote:>>

Guest guest

Although the alcohol allegedly evaporates, the sugar in the wine does not. The

regular substitution would be beef or chicken broth, but of course that won't

work for vegetarians, so I guess I would use vegetable stock.

Allison

>Tina <roma_rothko

>Mar 14, 2007 1:04 PM

>

> Re: my favorite recipe

>

>Krista,

>

>thank you for this yummy-sounding recipe! How long does it take you to

>make it? And how many servings do you get out of it (approximately)?

>Just asking...

>

>And, since the recipe mentions wine, does anyone know if it is ok to

>use alcohol in cooking? Does the alcohol disintegrate while cooking or

>does it stay in there as sugar?

>

>I have a French veggie cookbook and many recipes require wine...

>

>Thanks,

>Tina

>

> , " kristadiego "

><diegofamily wrote:

>>

>>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Thanks Krista,

I think I would need to make a smaller amount anyway, I do not own a large enough pot for those quantities. But I guess I wouldn't mind the mushy beans in it...

Tina

Krista Diego <diegofamily Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 9:17:41 PMRe: Re: my favorite recipe

Hi Tina,

It takes a lot of chopping but I tend to add more of everything and make a huge soup pot of it. I freeze the rest, yet as was mentioned here before, the beans sort of turn to mush when thawed. I eat it for lunch and just throw in more beans. If you are serving it for company, use the soup the first day.

When I had many ladies over a meeting and dinner, I had a simple meal of this bean soup and also clam chowder (For the meat eaters...I'm on Cape Cod) and a salad and bread. Many asked for the recipe. Usually meat eaters won't eat something called "bean soup" but this one they seem to like.

I'm not sure about the wine and its sugars.

Krista

It's here! Your new message!Get

new email alerts with the free Toolbar.